Tax Credit Advice Please....

Dee83

Reaction score
I applied for Working Tax Credits a while back. They were dragging their feet so i kept calling them and they said the application was still going through etc. I have just received a cheque from them today but there is no letter or anything to say what the money is for or whether or not we have been accepted for tax credits. When i applied i asked for the money to be put into my bank account.

Does anyone know if this is the usual way they do things?

Thanks girls xxx

I've never heard of them sending a cheque before. Normally any back payments go straight into your bank account.

I'd phone back & double check, they'd be able to tell you what the cheque is for.

It took me 10 weeks to get my tax credits sorted, can be a nightmare!

:)

Its perfectly normal Hun. We got 11 cheques in the post one day out of the blue we had applied but not heard anything for a while. Only way we knew what they were was by the cheque it's self. The letter didn't follow until 2 weeks later. Ours is done through the bank now but at the time we had our cheques posted. Hope this helps you x you can also give them a call they are very helpful x

Thanks Amy. Good to know that's the way they do things as i was worried the cheques weren't legit. I think i'd best give them a call just to make sure tho! Thanks hun. xxx

Thanks Littlemiss. Yeah, it's been a couple of months since i applied! I will give them a call xxx

I think the cheques will be legit, & they probs will be for you, so try not to worry.

They wont have sent cheques w/out having something on the system so they should def be able 2 tell u

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back