Tattoo cover make-up

bhe101

Reaction score
Hi :wave:
Iv got quite a large tatto on my arm. Im looking for some cover up make-up to completely disguise it.
Has anyone used any before? Whats the best?

I tried dermablend cause my friend wanted me to cover mine up on my arm when I was a bridesmaid. I went to Boots to have it applied and tried out by a dermablend beauty person but it just looked a mess, like I had tried to cover it up. The tattoo looked better so in teh end my friend said not to cover it up.

Can I see you tat??? I'd love a big one like what Ana Matronic has from Scissor Sisters.

This is mine - uh oh will post later Maia just waking up

She was just shouting out, not actually waking up, probably dreaming!!

On Holiday in India 2005 when hubby asked me to marry him
103_0396-1.jpg

Our Wedding day
17-1.jpg

You look gorgeous!
Its a dragon, not like a full arm one or anything.
Glad you replied, was looking at dermablend as its the only one that id really heard of.
Getting married in april, everyone has been harping on about me covering it up!!
Iv gone of it too though so think id feel better if it wasnt on show.
Think i'l search on ebay
Heres a pic

03000-1.jpg

Excuse my giant face! :lol:

I quite like your tattoo but if you have gone off it i can understand why you would like to cover it up. On the same note dont feel pressurised into covering it up for other people. I just remembered that my friend had a make-up artist to do her make-up on the day who could cover up tattoos. She said it would have taken about 2 hours to cover as it is so dark and the make-up is applied in layers of different colours in order to match skin tone which is also lots of different colours. The price would have been about £120 if i remember correctly. Maybe you could try and contact a professional make-up artist or how about wearing a bolero the weather can be quite cold in April. Sorry for typo on my mobile.

I was thinking about hiring a makeup artist. Will have a look throug the yellow pages now actually.
Thankyou :)

I had the same problem when I got married because I have an armband tattoo. I tried Dermablend (also in Boots) which didn't cover it and I also tried something I bought off a shopping channel which guaranteed to cover it which also didn't so I got a full refund.

In the end, I covered it with a white armband made out of a Alice hairband! Wasn't ideal but did the job. I'm basically saying, I couldn't find any make-up that would cover it - sorry x

bhe101 said:
I was thinking about hiring a makeup artist. Will have a look throug the yellow pages now actually.
Thankyou :)

I think if you look on Google you might have better chance also I think there might be some sort of governing accreditation group membership sort of thing (sorry not explaining myself very well) that basically states that the person is reputable and is actually quite good at what they do. Im sure if you search google you will come up with something.

Good luck hop you find something.

Dont know if am a bit to late posting here
But they do a make up kit in argos which is for birthmark cover ups and tattoos
comes with a cd to show you how to apply the products perfect
think its £25 pound might be even cheaper now cause of the sales
:hug:

Waiting4amiracle said:
Dont know if am a bit to late posting here
But they do a make up kit in argos which is for birthmark cover ups and tattoos
comes with a cd to show you how to apply the products perfect
think its £25 pound might be even cheaper now cause of the sales
:hug:

How weird, I just noticed this in the book last night! Buying it at some point this week
Will post pics if it turns out ok :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back