• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tantrums already?! How do deal with them?

KJL

Reaction score
Layla is only 9 months old but already she has mastered the art of having tantrums :roll: My hubby and I are so easy going so I can't understand why she is becoming such a cheeky monkey! She is very smart, independant and interactive baby but gets easily frustrated! If I take things away from her that she can't have e.g. my mobile phone, she just balls up her fists and screams! At the moment it is cute but i'm worried about these outburts developing when she gets older! It's a real struggle getting her dressed in the morning or putting her nappy on at night as she doesn't want to stay still so just screams :wall: She has lots of physical and mental stimulation so I don't think that's the issue. I know she is only little but before she gets bigger I wondered if anyone has any suggestions?

Anyone else have a cheeky little monkey like mine :D ?

mines is only 7 months and throws a fit if I take anything away from her :lol: I hate to think what she will b like when she hit's the terrible two :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: 9 months is late :wink:

At 9 months we took lil miss xmas shopping (BIG mistake)... here was me thinking that you only start to get the rolling on the floor, kicking and screaming I WANT IT paddies at around 2 Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo 9 months they do it too :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

We just say no and distract her with something else (which she usually ignores :roll: and goes hunting for the confiscated item.) I try and ignore it for the most part... but today she has started picking up items she knows shes not allowed says no at us and tries to hide the item from us behind her back or by her side :lol: Shes such a little minky moo bag :lol:

Yeah we have the strops when you take something away too. The latest in our repertoire is her shaking her head "no". I tried to spoon feed her a yoghurt, shakes head. Try to clean her face, roars and shakes head. I give her a toy and try to take away my watch that she's eating, shakes head. I say "no", she shakes her head. Oops.

Squiglet said:
I try and ignore it for the most part... but today she has started picking up items she knows shes not allowed says no at us and tries to hide the item from us behind her back or by her side :lol: Shes such a little minky moo bag :lol:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: That's so cute and clever! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: When I take something away from Layla she crawls off, sits down and puts her head into her lap and screams...total moo bag!

daftscotslass said:
Try to clean her face, roars and shakes head.

We have the same issue :wall: If I try clean layla's face she screams like I'm torturing her :roll: It's so embaressing when i'm out...people look at me like i'm purposefully hurting her...cheeky little monkey :wink:

abigail has been stroppy for a while but this past 2 weeks shes started to get rly bad she shouts no when i tell her no!
its rly gettin to me now she seems rly angry and frustrated, shes nrly walking but not quite there yet and she gets frutrated if she falls when shes walkin and throws her head on the floor and screams!
i think its just a phase of the age im afraid!

our little boy very rarely has tantrums but out our little girl has been a madam since day one. we are now at the stage where last week she stood screaming hitting her head off the wall while staring at me just because i wouldnt pick her up, her daddy had to move her away so she wouldnt hurt herself. im not looking forward to the terrible two's at all.

midna said:
Wires we gave her a load of random wire to play with sometime ago when she first became interested in plugs and wires now she played with it so much shes bored of them and dosent go near them. :D I rarely find myself saying No tbh.. I usually use the word yucky and pull a face she gets the idea.

Thats a good idea..... wish I'd thought of that.

midna said:
I generally baby proof everything and things I dont want her to get hold of are out the way.. cupboards that I dont want her in have locks but I let her in some of them. At nappy change I use something she rarely sees to play with for distraction. We rarely get a tantrum. Wires we gave her a load of random wire to play with sometime ago when she first became interested in plugs and wires now she played with it so much shes bored of them and dosent go near them. :D I rarely find myself saying No tbh.. I usually use the word yucky and pull a face she gets the idea.

I think Layla just has a naughty monkey character :roll: Sometimes she just tantrums if she doesn't want to sit in her buggy, in her highchair or doesn't like what I give her to eat! I do try distracting her with interesting things but she gets bored on about 2 secs and starts fidgitting for the next thing! I have to say she is very amusing though, she has a wonderful sense of humour and fun, she's just constantly on the move looking for the next challenge...I was so shy as quiet as a child so I find it amazing how independent and confident she is already :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back