Swollen top of bump

Hazel

Reaction score
At the very top of my bump between my boobs it's puffy and sore/numb. It feels very tender to touch and just wondered if anyone else has got this? It's been going numb when I slouch or lie on my right for a few weeks but now it's constant.

It feels like all my innards have suddenly been pushed upwards.

I've had pain like that for a few weeks now..it often brings tears to my eyes as it's so sore. It's like my skin has been stretched away from my ribs. It's really excruciating when I have to bend down to pick things up...like a rib is broken. I'm still hoping that baby will change position and I'll get some relief. One thing that does help is kneeling down over a birthing/yoga ball (hugging the ball. I particularly hurt on the right side so lying on the left side is also most comfy. I think I'm going to have to abandon the sofa altogether :cry:

Now my back is also aching as I've been arching backward to give my ribs more space :wall:

ive been having the same, and at my appointment yesterday, doctor said that baby was all up in my ribs....it feels so brusied all the time!

Defo stop slouching if you've not already. Slouching when sitting in latter stage of pregnancy can encourage your LO to go back to back as they like to fit in the the curve of your spine. Keep tilted forwards and hips above your knees. Will encourage LO to stay in a better position. Might mean forgoing soft seats like the sofa. I didn't sit on our sofa the last 8 weeks of pregnancy. I used the birthing ball or my computer chair as it kept my back straight and my hips were always higher and I tilted.

If you want to try to get LO to move maybe try rocking on all fours a few times a day.

yes I have had this feeling for weeks. Sort of numb, pins and needles feeling. If I move to quickly (which I dont do very often!) it really stings. I asked the midwife yesterday. She said it is just where the skin is stretching so much, and nothing to worry about. It can be really painful tho!

ive got a numb patch around my belly button. and the top of my bump on the right under my boob is sooo sore.

Glad I'm not the only one. It's horrible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back