Swimming

Rosieroo

Reaction score
Took Ella swimming yesterday for the first time. She really enjoyed it - after I removed her cute two piece wetsuit!!

eba00550338f00000103.jpg

eba00550338f00000104.jpg

Ah bless her,

I am going to take Jack swimming, do you have to wait til they have had all their jabs first?

Lovely photo's :D

aww great pictures, I really want to take Ella swimming cant wait, she loves her baths. is she wearing the huggies little swimers? because they all seemed to start in big sizes when I looked. So do you rekon not to bother with any swimwear? lookslike you had fun!

Great pics, Ella looks like she enjoyed herself. Is also nice to see you too x

Brilliant photo's, she looks like she enjoyed herself!!

Is also nice to see you too
Thanks :oops: Though please excuse my monster roots which look worse when wet, dying to get to the hairdressers! :oops: :lol

is she wearing the huggies little swimers? because they all seemed to start in big sizes when I looked

She is wearing the small huggies that start at 16lbs, though she's closer to 15 and they were tight on her. She just didn't act like she does in the bath in her swimwear, but as soon as I peeled it off she was well away!

I'm gald you got photos of you and your little one swimming i wasn't allowed to it says a sign on the front of the changing rooms no photogaph i thought that wasn't fair but yet they have people coming in when the kids have got swimming to.

Wow!! :clap: :clap:
you both look like you've had such a good time!!! That's why I really want to take Maheen swimming as well!
according to your sticker, Ella is not even 4 months old! She is a big girl though!
Was it a session only for mummies and babies? did you have someone with you from the swimming-pool? safety wise, how does it work? and the huggies, are they waterproof? did the staff at the swimming-pool not object to babies only wearing nappies?sorry for so many questions, I am so excited about the whole thing! I am jealous Lol! :)

Well done, anyway! I can't wait for doing the same!
Mel xx

There was a sign up that said no photos unless prior permission given, however a lady started snapping away. We watched a lifeguard take her off to sign something so then Matt went over to find out if we could take photos aswell. He had to fill out a form, but then it was fine. I was really sad to think that we couldn't get snaps of her first swim! I understand where they are coming from and luckily they do have a 'prior permission' policy.
Mel - Ella is massive! She was only a dot when born (6lb 8.5oz) but is now over 15lb. It was an open session, they do Toddler sessions and lessons but this was just normal pool time. The learning pool which we were in was like bath water. I did take her into the normal pool but it felt a lot colder. I went with Matt, but would be happy now to go alone. They had big open changing rooms with large baby changing private cubicles with pull down change mats and a bench, so plenty of room to get baby changed etc. They also had a booth that cost £1 and dried you off pretty well - everything apart from my hair was bone dry so me and Ella popped in there first. The staff didn't mind her just being in her swim nappy, that's all it asked babies to be in. The nappies surprised me at how waterproof they were - you pull them on like pants and rip down the sides to take them off.
Ella is going to have lessons from September, we could have started next Tuesday but we have mother and baby group then. So until September I will carry on just taking her to the pool myself.

thanks for the info. wll call my swimming-pool to know what they allow/forbid :)

mel xx

aw that is so sweet. i'm going to take eva when she is a little older - cant wait :)

was wondering where you leave your pushchair when you go in the pool though :think:

Yvonne said:
Ah bless her,

I am going to take Jack swimming, do you have to wait til they have had all their jabs first?

Lovely photo's :D

you have to wait untill they have there second lot, Coby had his on monday so we are going to water babies on friday :D

great pics rosie!

xx

How did I miss this? :think:
Mum & daughter both lovely... looks like you had such great fun!!
Emilia xx

Aahh what lovely photo's, you both look so good.

We weren't allowed to take photo's of Charlie's first swim I was do dissappointed, wish all pools had 'prior permission' policy, a really good idea x

Hi

great photos looks like she had tons of fun.
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back