• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

swimming

Chrissy1

Reaction score
I want to take my little girl swimming. Even though she's only 3 months I know she'll love it. She was born in water at home and she loves being in the bath and I want to get her in there as soon as possible.

I've bought her a little costume and the swim nappies and now I'm stuck on what kind of floaty thing to get for her. I want something that's going to hold her up in the water but something that will allow her to enjoy the water too. Also I haven't really got a clue where to get it from either! It's something I've never had to buy before.

What do you use for your babies and is it any good????

cheers ladies
c
xx :hug:

They do the float seats BUT we found that Fi was too small for it and she couldn't see over! It really is easier just to hold your LO. That's what we do :)

Yeah that's what I thought when I'd seen them in Argos. I think I might just try holding her for a while until she gets a bit bigger. Thanks

We don't use anything. We heard from Bee (who's a swimming teacher) that they encourage poor posture in the water though I'm sure she will see this and can verify whether or not I'm talking crap :lol:

It's a great idea to get your LO comfortable with water from early age.

We don't use any floats either.

I think my LO is like me as she gets cold quickly in water so I have found it really useful to use one of those baby wetsuits for her. When I take it out her tummy is nice and warm and she doesn't start shivering quite so quickly. We usually do max. 30 mins in water (unless we are in a hot country) x

We have a baby wetsuit for Eva which gives you a bit longer in the pool before its too cold, we never bothered with a float either. Eva is really confident in the water now - we have been going since she was about 3 months old too, she kicks her legs and flaps her arms now too like she wants to swim its sooo cute lol :D Have fun :D

Same here, LO has been swimming from around 3 months, bought a baby wetsuit to keep him warmer longer. We also went to baby swim lessons (no floats) and now at 2 LO is sooooo confident in the water. I had purchased a swim seat for hoilday when LO was 5 months but it was too big for him, couldn't see over it, didn't support him properly etc so never used it.

daftscotslass said:
We don't use anything. We heard from Bee (who's a swimming teacher) that they encourage poor posture in the water though I'm sure she will see this and can verify whether or not I'm talking crap :lol:

You aren't talking crap Lorna :D

I personally don't like any float devices. They do encourage poor posture in the water and you want the baby to be lying more than sitting up :D

We have a wet suit for Finlay that we actually have to take off at his swimming lessons as it keeps his too upright :lol: Maybe get one of them. Its slightly bouyant and keeps them warm. We have a Konfidence one and its fab :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back