• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Swimming *Updated - Cant find swim nappies size1*

happy-chick

Reaction score
Hey got some questions as we're planning on taking ellie swimming on saturday :)

1/ Do they do the swimming nappies for size1?

2/ Does ellie need to wear a swimming costume?

3/ Would you recommend getting one of those swimming rings for babies?

4/ Is it really hard work getting ready etc after? Should I take the carseat in for her to sit in while im gettin ready?

5/ How long should we stay in - She'll be 6weeks on sat?

Thank uuuuuu! :D

1/ Do they do the swimming nappies for size1? yes

2/ Does ellie need to wear a swimming costume? yes

3/ Would you recommend getting one of those swimming rings for babies? no id hold her, make her secure in the water

4/ Is it really hard work getting ready etc after? Should I take the carseat in for her to sit in while im gettin ready? yes I would, but if you go in family changing rooms they usually have something to change your baby on.Carseat sounds better though

5/ How long should we stay in - She'll be 6weeks on sat? id say half hour if she lasts that long, it can be a shock that will result in screaming if shes startled by it all.

1/ Do they do the swimming nappies for size1? Yes I use Huggies little swimmers.

2/ Does ellie need to wear a swimming costume? Yes or you can get a baby snug Not only is this safer in case she has a little accident inside her nappy but it will also keep her warmer if your going to a normal pool.

3/ Would you recommend getting one of those swimming rings for babies? I've never used one, I like holding Jack and splashing about.

4/ Is it really hard work getting ready etc after? Should I take the carseat in for her to sit in while im gettin ready? Depends what the changing room is like but I think its a good idea to take th car seat so your not worrying about her whilst you get yourself ready.

5/ How long should we stay in - She'll be 6weeks on sat? Depends on the temparature of the pool, normal pools are around 28 degrees so that would give you approx 15 minutes in the pool, if you get a baby snug then you can usually stay on for around 25 minutes.

Hope you have a good time, I love taking Jack swimming. We go to water babies and I would definately recommend them. :D

swimming nappys are expensive the disposable ones.. i would get a washable one.. they are about 5 quid.. same price as a pack of swimmers and they last her for ages

Thank you ladies :D Cant wait am dead excited :lol: :dance:
She loves the bath so hoping she likes swimming, if not then we'll just have to keep trying as im sure she'll get used to it :D

I cant seem to find swimming nappies that will fit ellie, they all seem to go from 16lb and shes 10lb... ive been to mothercare, asda & tescos :? what can i do? :(

i found that when i took jayde so i bought one that you can wash instead of swimming nappies hope you find one hun :hug: :hug:

I couldn't find swimming trunks small enough as they all go from 3months + and Finn wasn't that old when we first started swimming - his trunks are still too big though. We went for the Bambino Mio swim nappy (not disposible).
These were the ones I got in a hurry :rotfl:

and the ones he wears now - had to try them out didn't we :lol:

Awww bless!

Ye gunna ring the pool, its too late to go today but hopefull can go another day :D

Hi happy_chick,

Lots of us have had this problem - I remember asking this question myself as we first took DD swimming at 5 1/2 weeks. I used swim nappies size 1 Huggies when DD was about 11/12lbs and they were big, but they fitted round her (and more importantly held everything in!) perfectly. That's the smallest swim nappy Huggies do.

Valentine Xxx

I used the size one huggies swim nappies on oran when he was about 10-12lb and they fit him ok so they should be fine hun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back