sugar level very high anyone wd same condition

riffi

Reaction score
Hello everyone I had given my blood for sugar test without eating and then after drinking a sugar juice and it takes one hour.Today my docter told me sugar level is very high i have to do another test which takes 2 hours anyone else having the same problem????????

Hi
I had to have this test too as there is a history of diabetes in our family. My results were ok,so im not sure what they do if ur levels ar high of sugar. Sorry i cant give any advise but im sure it will be ok. :hug:

Hi Hun I had this and have pregnancy diabetes. If your results are high again they will arrange for you to see the diabetic team and it can go either of two ways;

1/. If your readings are not sky high they will give you a kit and show you how to use it and get you to check your blood sugar at home with it. This way you may be able to identify what foods if any are causing you to have high blood sugar. If there is a pattern (mine is dried fruit and fruit juice others it can be potatoes or pasta) then all you need to do is cut down or out the problem food. You keep measuring your blood sugars in case there is a change for the worse.
If there is no obvious food causing a problem or things get worse see 2/.

2/. If your readings are very high they will also give you a kit to check your levels at home but will also start you on insulin injections.

In both cases as soon as you have had baby you should be fine again and not need to check your blood sugar or take insulin and at your 6 week check up you will have another fasting blood test (without the yucky drink) to make sure you are back to normal. The vast majority of women who get this in pregnancy are fine once baby is delivered but you have a higher risk of getting this again if you get pregnant again and a higher risk of developing diabetes later in life.

mummyagain said:
Hi
I had to have this test too as there is a history of diabetes in our family. My results were ok,so im not sure what they do if ur levels ar high of sugar. Sorry i cant give any advise but im sure it will be ok. :hug:
its ok thankz

Mik said:
Hi Hun I had this and have pregnancy diabetes. If your results are high again they will arrange for you to see the diabetic team and it can go either of two ways;

1/. If your readings are not sky high they will give you a kit and show you how to use it and get you to check your blood sugar at home with it. This way you may be able to identify what foods if any are causing you to have high blood sugar. If there is a pattern (mine is dried fruit and fruit juice others it can be potatoes or pasta) then all you need to do is cut down or out the problem food. You keep measuring your blood sugars in case there is a change for the worse.
If there is no obvious food causing a problem or things get worse see 2/.

2/. If your readings are very high they will also give you a kit to check your levels at home but will also start you on insulin injections.

In both cases as soon as you have had baby you should be fine again and not need to check your blood sugar or take insulin and at your 6 week check up you will have another fasting blood test (without the yucky drink) to make sure you are back to normal. The vast majority of women who get this in pregnancy are fine once baby is delivered but you have a higher risk of getting this again if you get pregnant again and a higher risk of developing diabetes later in life.
oh thank u so much it really helps me out I will give the next test and lets hope for good

No problem hun I hope it is the same in Belgium though didn't notice that last time :think: but it is easy to treat as long as they catch it so don't worry yourself about it :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back