Stupid question

mistyblue

Reaction score
Hi all,

I had my m/c confirmed yesterday when I was on leave from work.. Due back at work today, but I don't feel I can go. The bleeding had started to get heavy and the pains are getting worse.

I want to go to the GP, partly to ask their advice about work and partly because I forgot to ask some questions at the EPAU.

Also, we have a very impersonal HR hotline you have to call when sick. I have separately emailed my line manager (who will be p'd off with me) but I have to call this central number. I feel I should tell them the truth, but the place is full of gossips: OTOH I don't want to go on medical absence monitoring (which could lead to a disciplinary).

I'm confused. I know I can self cert for a while, but would rather have a note, as I am worried they wouldn't believe me at work otherwise. BTW, I have only had one day off sick since April (unrelated) but they count 10 days as the threshold for disciplinary. I really don't know if I should go to work or how much time I would need off ( this was my first pregnancy) anyway. Stupid post really. I think I am focussing on this, because it stops me thinking about how this is all my fault for a few minutes. Thanks for listening x x

Offload anytime. I think you should tell work Hun xxx

hey hun, this is no way your fault hun. Regarding work do what you think is right. If you feel like you need some time off just tell them the truth, its a very hard thing you are going through and nobody should judge. Your health and well being had to come first and work second. Take time to recovers and don't under estimate the affect on you mentally

Sorry for your loss. I would tell work - hr should keep it confidential as should your line manager. I took over 2 weeks off with a sick note and felt the time off really helped my recovery - physical and mental. You have to put yourself and oh first at this difficult time and try not to worry about work.

Take care xx

I work in HR and we have a similar sickness absence trigger of 10 days however if the absence is pregnancy related like yours it cannot be counted because it would be sex discrimination. My advice if you're worried about this is to tell the truth. Another thing to think is even if this absence only takes you near trigger you won't have many days left you can take as sick before you are in the same situation again.

Tell them the truth and they will have to accept it, they can't count it or take you to disciplinary for it.

It's definitely not your fault either xxx

Hun xx hugs

If you tell work you've had a miscarriage the absence won't trigger anything as its still classed as pregnancy related xx I had 4 weeks off after I mc

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back