Stretching pains?

madam bully

Reaction score
I have been some discomfort more than actual pains, very similiar to the period type pains I had in the first few weeks and just wondered is it my body just stretching a bit more?

Doesn't really hurt but obviously being a 1st timer I am worried about every blooming thing! :D

Yip perfectly normal, it's the ligaments stretching as the pelvis widens etc. Pregnancy is great eh? I had really, really bad pains for a few weeks, anything that involved lifting my leg, i.e. hills, stairs, climing into bed etc really was an effort. It is subsiding now though but then I think I've fully "popped" going into my 25th week but yeah the stretching, pains, aching etc is normal.

I've been getting similar pains, well not pains more like a dull ache. I've been getting period type pains on/off since the start of my pregnancy so I'm sure (I hope) it's normal. We are bound to feel something, after all we do have alot going on in our bodies right now.

Mines exactly the same, and our dates aren't far apart. My bump feels really tight at the sides too, like the baby is growing too fast for my skin, and it aches if I stand or walk for too long.

evemarie8 said:
Mines exactly the same, and our dates aren't far apart. My bump feels really tight at the sides too, like the baby is growing too fast for my skin, and it aches if I stand or walk for too long.

Mine feels all tight at the sides too and then just squidgy in the middle! Hopefully I will get a nice even bump soon and not so wobbley!!

Might be worth a chat with your M/W as i thought mine were stretching pains but they have got alot worse infact it feels like i've been sat on a traffic cone :oops:
GP diagnosed SPD and to rest and i also bought a support belt for when i have alot of walking to do (however i do try to avoid this as much as possible) the only pain relief i can have is obviously paracetamol which has no effect on me :(
If your worried mention it to either the GP or M/W although i'm sure the girls here are right and its just ligament stretching :hug:

madam bully said:
evemarie8 said:

Mine feels all tight at the sides too and then just squidgy in the middle! Hopefully I will get a nice even bump soon and not so wobbley!!

Mines really hard all the way round and looks like a proper bump now! Everyone I see thinks that my dates are wrong because its so big!! Even the visiting midwife commented on how large it was at my 16 week appointment. Think I'm going to end up with a 15lb'er or something!!

evemarie8 said:
madam bully said:
evemarie8 said:

Mines really hard all the way round and looks like a proper bump now! Everyone I see thinks that my dates are wrong because its so big!! Even the visiting midwife commented on how large it was at my 16 week appointment. Think I'm going to end up with a 15lb'er or something!!

:shock: :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back