• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Straw Hair :/

MrsBrightside

Reaction score
since been pregnant my hair is like staw :( im gutted cause I have a thing for my hair been right and people always compliment me on how nice it is but at the min its that horrible im never wearing it down. I wash it exactly the same way as always and use the same amount of conditioner infact ive tried using more and have changed my brand etc but its still like straw when I wash and dry it...

I was just wonder what I can do with it its driving me mad and making me feel like such a mess :(

http://www.naturalelements.co.uk/blog/?page_id=124
http://www.naturalelements.co.uk/ Products for your hair hun.

Caring For Your Hair When Pregnant

Being pregnant is an exciting time for the majority of women but it can also have its drawbacks especially when it comes to hair care as this can often behave quite unpredictably and it can often be quite a struggle to maintain it.

It can often be the case that during pregnancy the hair can become quite dry and brittle, which makes it unhealthy to look at and also very difficult to manage. But there are a number of simple steps that you can perform in order to get your hair back into great condition.

One thing that people do not seem to realize and to understand is that the hair is simply an extension to the skin and although the tips of the hair are indeed dead, the roots of the hair are alive and will need to be cared for. It is important that the correct level of care and nourishment be applied and to avoid any deficiencies within the hair such as that of iron.

Deficiencies within the hair can lead to it becoming dry and also very brittle and in some very severe cases it can also lead to hair loss. If you find that you are falling into this group then you may want to seek advice from your doctor.

If you are suffering from dry hair whilst you are pregnant then you need to take the appropriate steps that will allow you to care for your hair without causing any damage to your body, and you need to make sure that you are avoid anything that is chemical based so it does not enter the bloodstream and therefore potentially harm the development of your unborn baby.

Hope this helps hun :)

awww wow thats brilliant I will have a read now :) thanks hun yr a star xx

Your welcome hun,
I did not know your hair could go brittle in pregnancy, hope you get it sorted :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I always thought it would go nice and glossy and thick but nope its a right bloody mess :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back