• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

straining/constipation!

NICCI

Reaction score
jack has been on 2 bottles of formula (the rest of his feeds are breast fed) and baby rice for over a week now but yesterday he only pooed once! (he normally goes 3 times a day)
in the evening he seemed to be straining and making pushing noises, he goes really red and seems quite frustrated :( we had quite an unsettled night as well.
i dont want to unwean him if you knlow what i mean, we were going to start giving him 1-2 tb spoons of carrot tonight but now im not sure.
what can i do to help him, he wont take much water out of his beaker, what else should i try??

he is still grunting and pushing this morning.

Maybe try a tiny bit of fresh orange juice with water that might help or add a little sugar too his water, i dont know wat else to suggest, maybe speak to your health visitor

Try orange juice, then some prune juice. It that wont help try Fig Syrup. You can buy it in boots. It says from 1 year, but you can use it earlier just instead of 5 mls give 2mls once a day.

Daniel always suffered from constipation and this is the only thing what helps :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back