constipation

krystal&jack

Reaction score
Jack was constipated all yesterday, during night he eventually had a poo but it was quite hard compared to usual, today he has had same prob, he keeps straining and crying but nothing coming out. I read on internet and have been giving him massages etc but it says not too leave too long as can be dangerous?? how long is too long?

Don't know exactly but when Nathan was younger he would only have one poo a week. He got put on lactulose after nothing else worked.

was he breast fed? just i know they don't go often but Jack is formula.. thanks xx

We give jake half an oz of cool boiled water before his feed when his poos are hard. But the MW said this is only for formula fed babies.

krystalmair said:
was he breast fed? just i know they don't go often but Jack is formula.. thanks xx

No Nathan was formula fed. As above really push the water on him. I was stuck really as he wouldn't take any water at all. I tried a couple of other things that the HV told me but nothing worked. Hopefully you will be able to get some water down him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back