• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Storage!

Sage

Reaction score
Aaaaah! where am i going to put all these toys! god and its his birthday in 2 weeks as well! honestly my house is not big enough!!! Previously all his toys were kept downstairs in the living room in a massive plastic box on wheels. im not too fond of it as when the toy have bits you have to rummage round in the box to find everything, and the stuff at the bottom tends not to see the light of day.

what do you use for storage? any suggestions?

I'm in the same boat! I use a huge wicker basket in our lounge but it's already over flowing and now Evie has tons more toys... and it's her birthday next month too...

I have no idea where to put everything either :think: :think: :think: :think:

im having to get storage boxes for under Hopes bed as at the moment all her new stuff has a home on the bed in our spare room :rotfl:

I bought a pop up hamper from John Lewis that's fab. It's all the clothes I have a problem with storing seeing as I've just bought her enough clothes for the next year from Next :oops:

She has a playpen in the living room that is basically of no use to us now because she will no longer sleep in it, I don't like putting her in it and leaving her so it's pretty much storage too :oops:

I'm in the same boat as Dans birthday is on 3rd Jan......................we are unindated with new toys!
I go through his every 6 months and put the old stuff that he never plays with in the loft. The rest I keep in storage boxes and a lovely toy box he got for xmas last year.

well these are ryan's toys but its his birthday in early march so will no doubt get loads more, and those boxes are full to the brim!!

fP1010090.jpg

fP1010091.jpg

storage and kids toys is the bane of my life. the girls have sooo muh stuff. They have a chest in their bedroom full, a wicker chest each downstairs and then in the kitchen cupboard there are several plastic boxes with different types of toys in i.e. music, craft, trains, cookery and tea sets, mega blocks etc.

What I would absolutely love to have is the Lazzari storage system - just need to save up for it ;)

beanie said:
What I would absolutely love to have is the Lazzari storage system - just need to save up for it ;)

ooo that is lovely, but...*gulp!* at the prices!! they do do something similar in ikea http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/categ ... kea/12018/ but OH said he dont like them :?

Yours look nice and neat littlepip i wish i could store stuff behind my sofa. i dont wanna put them in his room coz he never plays in there yet, but his toy boz is literally overflowing and it looks so untidy in our living room!

That second ones brill, flos only teeny but i can see storage becoming a biggg issue, then again its an issue for me and OH too dont wanna buy a wardrobe tilw e can move so i have exactly NIL clothes hanging up its all folded or smushed into a chest !

I have the same problem with Jacob's toys :? Luckly he has quite a big bedroom so all of his toys are kept up there and I have one plastic box in the living room that I keep some toys in for downstairs. I'm going to make sure I swap the toys from his bedroon to downstairs and vise versa so they all get played with! Saying that, the last few days we have spent some time in his bedroom playing with the toys up there :D

I am planning to get some kind of storage unit for his bedroom though once we have the spare cash as they are all currently on the floor! :lol:

beanie said:
storage and kids toys is the bane of my life.
Same here :lol: It was just getting better with them all being a bit older now and Im g oing oth ave to do it all again now! :doh: hehehe never mind! :roll:

The first unit that I linked above is reduced to £40 at the moment and it is 10% weekend at Homebase so you can get it for the bargain price of £36!

Magic Monkey said:
At the moment we have one of those plastic tub things, but it is overflowing and we have to tip the whole thing out on the floor for Ella to be able to play with them, so we are looking at something like this:

http://www.homebase.co.uk/webapp/wcs/st ... searchtext>STORAGE&c_1=1%7Ccat_10308062%7CStorage+and+shelving%7C10522595

or this

http://www.homebase.co.uk/webapp/wcs/st ... searchtext>STORAGE&c_1=1%7Ccat_10308062%7CStorage+and+shelving%7C10522595

Thats what we have for Galen and its brilliant. We use it for his clothes, bedding, nappies and toys and it fits everything. But then I am Ms Minimalist :lol: We just got one without wheels and bought different tubs to go in it. As he gets bigger and has more stuff we can simply get another one and stack it on top and have the thing 4 high instead of 2. Or have them side by side and he can put stuff on the top of them. Easy to clean and tidy also.

I've cleared out the drawers under the bed for toys. I do have to keep my house very tidy as we're selling it and don't get much notice for viewers. I keep a lot of stuff in the loft that we no longer use (eg grown out of clothes) and will be rotating toys this way so every week/fortnight sending DH up there to get a box down and putting some stuff up there. My pram actually lives in the boot of the car as I have a tiny house and literally nowhere to put it. I've been looking at the kitchen scratching my head trying to figure out where I can keep the highchair when we get it, looks like I might be putting a hook on the wall.

beanie said:

beanie! Why did you have to say that - I have just googled and LOVE THEM! I think I shall be saving hard now as they would be perfect for when we decorate once this baby is born and we know what colour it is.

beanie!

Valentine Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back