stomach pain?

sarafet

Reaction score
hi guys.

as some of you may know, i had a pos hpt yesterday, am unsure how far along i am, but somewhere between 6/10 weeks.

i have absolutely no idea what it feels like to be pregnant so don't know if the things i'm feeling are related to it or not. i've got cystitis just now as well.

i've had kind of dull strange feelings in my stomach recently, not too painful, just a bit uncomfy, but about half an hour ago i was lying on my belly and had a really painful shooting pain, only lasted a couple of secs and have been fine since. no bleeding or other pains.

i just want to know what this could mean and what the signs of miscarriage are.

thanks so much everyone :)

sarah xxx

Hiya honey,

Your pains are entirely normal!! I promise! Your uterus is stretching to make room for your little one and sometimes that can feel like dull period pains or sharp twinges that can take your breath away. I was getting a bit of both right up into week 9. It is scary at first, but then you get used to them and you will relax.
Signs of m/c are more acute constant period pains with back ache usually with bright red bleeding.
I hope you are feeling ok, this pregnancy malarky is great fun, but makes us all worry from time to time.
:hug:
M
xxx

thanks so much for putting my mind at rest :)

i still can't believe that it's happening, and the fact that i know these pains are pregnancy related makes it so much more real :)

hope i don't get pains like that often bc it literally did take my breath away, i was sitting with my mum and sister and couldn't help shouting out hahaha, they don't even know yet :lol:

sarah xxxx

Hey! Congratulations!

Those pains you're feeling.. they will stay with you for some time to come! It's your uterus stretching to make way for your little one to grow and trust me - he/she will grow like nothing you have seen before over the coming weeks! :)

I was in denial when I first thought I might be pregnant after AF didn't turn up. It was when I started getting these sttretching pains I knew!! Had them with all my pregnancies and thy seem to go on forever!

yep

stertching pains can take your breath away

I have had cramps to which i put down to bad wind...

take care...like the other girls say with m/c its red blood, back pain and like period cramps, but it is different for most people, however, red blood is the main thing with pain is what midwives say to look out for.
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back