Still waking at night!

Hypnorm

Reaction score
Ewan is now 13 months old, and he still wakes at night usually once, but last night it was 3 times, i know part fo it is teething.
But i know he can sleep through he has done it before.
He eats well during the day, has cows milk now and a 7 oz bottle before bed, but when he wakes he is still thirsty - i tried just giving him water but he has got wise to that! so no i have started reducing his milk he was having 8oz and i have now got down to 4oz.
the past two nights i have tried just picking him up calming him then lying down, the first night he went back to sleep for an hour then woke again bt the past two nights ifi try to lay him down he does an ear pierceing scream which i'm sure will wake the neighbours!!
I can't do controlled crying as hubby drives long distances and needs the sleep, and o;m not keen on the idea anyway.
does any one have any onfo on the no cry sleep solution.
generally if i give him his 4oz of milk i can put him down and he goes straigh off, so maybe the milk has become a habit.
Hubby says he will go through when he is ready, but my worry is that as we are TTC again, if i get preg and he is still waking i'm am gonna turn in to a zombie!!! :shock:

Any ideas gratefully recived for the sake of my own sanity!!

I do sympathise with you but the only tried and tested one I have done is controlled crying. Your heart has to be in it to do it and I know what you said about dh (i dont whats worse grumpy baby or grumpy dh) but it might only take a few nights. Then again it might not.

Ive only ever had to do it over 2 nights and she was up and put back about 10-15 times on each occasion but once she realised I wasnt on the other side of the earth she settled.

Like I say, I hope Ewan settles, there is nothing worse.

I'm still waking with Aaron and the only way he will sleep once he wakes is in bed with us which I know I have now made things worse by letting him. We're going to try sleeping in the front room while he is in his bed and try controlled crying. I can't sleep with him in the bed for much longer as it hurts when I wake up all over!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back