• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Still No Scan & Nearly 13 Weeks!

littlemiss83

Reaction score
I'm in bits ladies :cry::cry:

I had an appointment at the hospital today, but it was a total mess up. My doc referred me to the gyno dept of the main hosp, rather than the gyno dept at the maternity unit. The doc who i was supposed to see was really helpfull she made a few phone calls and spoke to one of the docs at the maternity unit who is gona rush me through for a check up and scan due to the fact i'm nearly 13 weeks and still haven't had a hosp check up or a scan, plus my last pg was high risk. So she thinks I should have an appointment for through the week.

I've to phone tomorrow just to double check an appointment is being processed.

I'm so so upset, I want to know everything is ok, its been torturous these last 6 weeks waiting for a scan or some sort of confirmation that my baby is ok.

Awww hope you get an appointment tomorrow, when you call them ask when its for :hug:

big hugs hunny bunch :hug: - its shocking that they have treated you like this especially since you have a history of high risk. When you phone tomorrow make sure you don't hang up until you have your appointment date. Tell them you are deeply unsatisfied by the way you have been treated and expect this to be sorted asap.

I hope everything will be ok for you hunny, I have everything crossed for you :) xxx

oh dear. How annoying is that!

I do hope you get your appointment sorted tomorrow! But if not, could you afford to go to a private clinic? Becasue you won't be able to do a nuchal scan later (not sure if you want to of course).

anyway I am very annoyed with them for treating you like this!!

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Thanks so much everyone.

Im so so upset by all this, I just cant stop crying.

To be honest I cant afford a private scan just now, we're going on holiday in 4 weeks, and was planning to pay for one 2 weeks after we get back, could possibly squeeze some out of my spending money, will see how I get on with this first. The doc said they could do the scans up to 14 weeks.

OH has since said that he defo wants to keep the baby no matter what would be wrong, which to be honest is something i've not been thinking about. I'll worry about it if/when it happens, I suppose it is pretty rare.

Its so hard coz I know that basically everyone on here has had scans, even people at 8/9 weeks.

Its the medical appointments place i've to fone so wont actually get thro to maternity dept. But I will defo demand to have and appointment made soon, as long as its before the 14 week mark then i'm ok about it, just to know one's been booked will be a huge weight.

Im so so sad...cant pull myself together :cry::cry:

Well hopefully you can take some comfort in the fact that I haven't had my scan yet and will be having it next week when I will be borderline 13 weeks. And while I am not considered high risk (yet anyway) I've still been worrying day and night about everything being ok. That said yes a lot of people on here have had scans early, either because they too are high risk or because they have paid or gone private etc.

When you talk about keeping the baby no matter what, are you referring to Downs or something else? If you said it already I missed it.

I'm sure you have probably gone to bed by now so I hope you feel refreshed tomorrow so you can give these people what for :) xxx

Thanks so much Meggymum.

Its good to know someone else is going through the same. Is there any reason why you're having a late scan?

I was meaning in general, if something was wrong we'd keep it, no matter what, i'm not really too clued up on what exactly could go wrong and neither is OH so i'm not gonna think about anything like that unless I need to, dont want to start having panic attacks with all this worrying.

I've got my day planned out tomoz, I need to walk round to the bank, and the new doc's I wana go to is on the way by, so will pop in and sort that out, then when i get home will phone the hosp - or I may just do it before I go out.

Thanks again everyone
:hugs:

There is no particular reason why I am having a scan when I am, it's just how it worked out I guess. I think 11-14 is the norm. After 14 its considered very late. People on here that have an EDD after me have been and gone with their first scans so that can be disheartening, but I just think about when it will be my turn. Especially when you read all the heartbreaking stories of other miscarriages and the like the wait for the first scan can be agonising.

Sounds like you have everything mapped out for tomorrow (or today now) so I wish you luck for that. Let me know how you get on won't you xxx

As long as you haven't been bleeding with cramping everything should be okay chick, i went for mine yesterday and found out i was 2weeks less that i thought i was ! meaning the picture wasn't very good, trust me when you go for a scan you will be thankful of the amazing photo you will have :) try not to worry everything will be fine!xx

How are you feeling today?Hope you get your appointment sorted hunny, Let us know how you get on.
So many cuts are being made in hospitals that the patients are now suffering, i think its disgusting x x

Woooooop

Just called the number there. I have an appointment for this Weds for an anti-natal check up and a scan. The woman i'd spoke to had been trying to get ahold of me, and had left a voicemail, turns out it was my old number that my useless doc had gave them.

Means going into work slightly earlier on that day, but i'm not too bothered.

I'm gona hold off with changing the docs just now. At my appointment on Weds, i'll need to ask if the doc can give me proof that I can travel (for my hols in May) and if he doesn't i'll need to get it off my gp. It might be hard to do that if i'm in the middle of changing docs. So i'm gona hold off just til I have that sorted then change me and my daughter over.

:)

Woooooop

Just called the number there. I have an appointment for this Weds for an anti-natal check up and a scan. The woman i'd spoke to had been trying to get ahold of me, and had left a voicemail, turns out it was my old number that my useless doc had gave them.

Means going into work slightly earlier on that day, but i'm not too bothered.

I'm gona hold off with changing the docs just now. At my appointment on Weds, i'll need to ask if the doc can give me proof that I can travel (for my hols in May) and if he doesn't i'll need to get it off my gp. It might be hard to do that if i'm in the middle of changing docs. So i'm gona hold off just til I have that sorted then change me and my daughter over.

:)

great news hun! At least it all worked out afetr all. xx

Great news hunny I'm really glad you got it sorted. Everything looks much better now right? :hug: xxx

Glad you got it sorted hun. Just to let you know i didnt get my scan till i was 15 weeks as the hospital lost my form that the midwife sent them.
I only got the appointment when i did as my midwife called them to find out why i had not been given a scan she did this at my 16 week appointment (dates got changed at scan)

As i was to late for the test i had to have a triple blood test done

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back