Still breech at 34 wks

BX

Reaction score
Just got back from Midwife this morning and LO is still the wrong way up. I knew he was and i really don't know if he will turn in time.

Kyra was also late turning but got there in the end.

Does anyone know what happens if baby doesn't turn by 38 weeks? As thats when midwife said she would be concerned?

Also re: jelly mucus and braxton hicks i spoke about (sorry gross!) midwife confirmed that was a show and there will prob be more to come. Strong Braxton Hicks cause this to come apart apparently, she didn't seem concerned though :)

Im sure your baby will turn soon, your only 34 weeks, you still have time to encourage your baby to move.
If you dont have a birthing or excercis ball go and get one as boucing on that for 20 mins a day may help make abig difference in helping the baby turn.
It helped me

I was breech with my last one up til 38 wks they wanted me to have cesarean if he didn't turn. (i have a friend that has had 5 breech babies all delivered naturally two at home ) The midwife told me they don't allow natural delivery anymore with breech babies because of midwives lack of experience with them....doh how are they supposed to gain it ????

Anyway heres my top tips too get that baby turned

ACCUPUNCTURE worked for me HIGHLY recommend

doing handstands in the swimming pool.

laying with your bum raised up under 2 or 3 pillows with legs on the couch

The accupressure point is the outside edge of your little toe press for 5mins at a time (both toes)

Draw sketches of your babe engaged , visualisation is very powerful.

talk to your babe mine went sideways during labour and thought about going breech...i explained the situaton to him and he complied

Pulsatilla 200c (in homeopathic birth kits ) once a day for 3 days

hope that helps GOODLUCK

abi
xxxxxxx

If you go on all fours and stick your bum in the air that will encourage your LO to turn. Do it everyday for a few mins when you've got time. Try not to worry to much about it hun, your LO still has plenty of time to turn round. :hug:

Thanks girls!

Excellent tips..... i will def try them out.

I know sometimes they will try and turn the baby manually and this is meant to be quite painful - really didn't want that. :(

yeah, there's plenty you can do to get him to turn.

I don't agree with the pillows under the bum and legs up thing. One of the worst positions is slouching and leaning back. Although, I'm not particulaly up on breach turning.

You tummy is like a sling for the baby, the heaviest part of him (ie, his back) will go with gravity. Therefore, positions where you are leaning forward are the best to get him in the best position. Also sleeping on you left hand side.

The all fours exercise is supposed to be good. Or sit on a chair backwards and lean forwards on the chair back.

xx

A friend of mine said what worked for her was shining a torch very slowly from top of bump down to bottom. She said on the third night of doing it for about an hour she felt the baby move, switching to a head down position, to follow the light.
I'm not sure if this was just luck but she swears by it! Must be worth a try. Good luck anyway just thought i'd mention it xx

You've had some good tips about ways to get the baby to move from breech. I hope the baby turns for you in time for the delivery. :hug:

Natural mamma said:
doing handstands in the swimming pool.

:rotfl: sorry - just got this mental image of a bump and a pair of legs sticking out of the water and a very confused lifeguard having the fright of his life!!

Hope LO turns for you, you still have a few weeks to go. :hug:

Hi

Still got lots of time hun , im sure LO will turn soon
Katrina

my baby turned after 35 weeks, so u got time! dont lean back when u sit down, try to sit on the edge of ur seat with ur knees below ur hips (mustve worked for me lol!)
if LO doesnt turn they offer ECV at 38 weeks (where they turn the baby by prodding ur tummy) if that dont work u need a section.
good luck, hope LO turns for u x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back