sterilizing?

trixipaws

Reaction score
my big sister gave me a sterilizer when i had melissa, but iv never used it coz i was exclusively breast-feeding. on the occasions i tried bottles i used milton in cold water.
but iv just started 1 or 2 bottle-feeds every day now, so might as well get some use out of the sterilizer.

so, how do i use it? lol! its a tommee tippee one if that helps

I have an avent electric one and all you have to do with mine is .

Wash the bottles and rinse them and then just put 90ml of cold water in the sterilizer and then put the bottles in and switich on .

And thats it .

hope this helps

Mine's Tommee tippee and I put 200mls water in it then bung it in the microwave for 8 mins....is yours microwave or electric??

I prefer using Milton because you can leave stuff in there and use it when you are ready (change water every 24 hours) rather than having to steam sterilise everything when you need it and scaulding your fingers :roll:

I fill the steriliser upto the top with cold water (if it is the same TT one as mine it will be 5ltr capacity) and add a tablet, wait for it to fully dissolve. After Ive washed the bottles in hot soapy with a bottle brush I put the bottles in and soak for a minimum of 20 minutes.

Hope that helps :D

emma28 said:
Mine's Tommee tippee and I put 200mls water in it then bung it in the microwave for 8 mins....is yours microwave or electric??
oh, its electric! i didnt kno there were microwave ones!

trixipaws said:
emma28 said:
oh, its electric! i didnt kno there were microwave ones!

the microwave one is just a plastic container that can double up as a cold water steriliser. it has a kind of insert to hold the bottles in the right position LIKE THIS

if you lift up the middle bit..youll see the heating bit...

pour water in there up to the fill line...

place the middle bit back... then put the bottles upside down in side it..

then put the teats. the ring things and the lids in the white plastic bit at the top...

does that make sense???

Prob not

oooo then press the button once to 'H'

princess_h said:

then put the teats. the ring things and the lids in the white plastic bit at the top...

does that make sense???

Prob not

thanx hun it does help... just 2 questions tho,
when u say pour water do u mean just pour water straight into the machine?
and after i press the button how do i kno when its ready or whatever?

trixipaws said:
princess_h said:

does that make sense???

Prob not

thanx hun it does help... just 2 questions tho,
when u say pour water do u mean just pour water straight into the machine?
and after i press the button how do i kno when its ready or whatever?

yea u can just pour it straight in and the cycle goes from H to 5...then to C (cooldown) and then to 3 (which is when you can open it) 3 means 3 hours countdown where the stuff is still steralised will go down 2 then 1 then 0 (where u have to steralise again)

but be careful..dont open it on C i got a nasty burn from it

if it doesnt make sense let me know lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back