• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sterilising question

TORino

Reaction score
I feel a bit silly asking this, but what do you do with your things you have sterilised?

Do you leave them in the steriliser until you need them?

What do you do with bottles? Breast pump etc?

yea i leave mine in steriliser til i need to use them :) x

Don't you have to get them out of there and dry them??
God so clueless I am lol

Could I put the bottles in the fridge?

I need to use the steriliser often thats all and the same things are getting sterilised over and over again without needing to be sterilised.

I use the AVENT steriliser, if you don't move the lid the contents stay sterile for up to six hours. But if I need to use it again I just put the bottles together and leave them on the side in the kitchen.

if there are things in there that you dont use on a daily basis take them out and put in a cupboard somewere til you need them then sterilise then :)

God so clueless I am lol

If you dry them with a cloth or somehing, they won't be sterile anymore. I don't dry them, just put the bottles together.

God so clueless I am lol

no hun you dont dry them as they wont be sterile then, ur not clueless either just learning xxxx

must have strted writing my last post as you posted titch xx

I saw at the store dry racks where you leave the bottles upside down to dry and then put them together?
Anyway I think the sterilizing is mostly for the milk bacterias that can grow there not if it touches sth the bottle after that is not suitable anymore? I mean the baby touches its toys etc all time anyway.

I think the drying racks are more for after you've washed the bottles, before you sterilise them.

So you could wash them, put them on a drying rack and then into a cupboard, then sterilise them when you need them.

So if I sterilised a bottle and put it together would it remain sterile until I wanted to use it?

So if I sterilised a bottle and put it together would it remain sterile until I wanted to use it?

I think so, this what I and most of my friends do, anyway.

From the AVENT instruction book:

"Removed items must be used/ASSEMBLED immediately or re-sterilised. Expressed milk can be stored in a sterile breast milk container in the refrigerator for up to 48 hours (not in the door) or in the freezer for up to 3 months. Infant formula should be made up fresh for each feed"

Yes, the drying racks are for when you have washed the bottles. They have no cover so if you put sterilised bottles on them they wont be sterile any more. I leave it all in there until I need it, or could you get a small box with lid to keep all the sterile stuff?? Didn't do this myself so not quite sure how practical it is, just a thought :)

"Removed items must be used/ASSEMBLED immediately or re-sterilised. Expressed milk can be stored in a sterile breast milk container in the refrigerator for up to 48 hours (not in the door) or in the freezer for up to 3 months. Infant formula should be made up fresh for each feed"

That's wrong EBM can be stored for 8 days in the fridge.

My midwife told me a sterile bottle can be left in the fridge.

That's wrong EBM can be stored for 8 days in the fridge.

My midwife told me a sterile bottle can be left in the fridge.

Copied exactly from the instruction book.

Oh God that's so complicated lol. I hope BF will go well because I can't see me formula feeding :roll:
How long it takes for the sterilizing to be done?
Is it possible to do it every time before expressing for example? And then express and put the whole thing in the fridge?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcorso
Back