Starting nursury -

BEX101

Reaction score
My daugter is 3 in september so we've been looking around at nursery's. Am i thinking right that she will be entitled to 2 1/2 days free? I would rather find a nursury attatched to a school (rather than privat day nursury) as the hubby is in the RAF and we get moved around alot. It would be nice if at least one transition (ie nursury to infants) doesnt mean big upheaval. I'm having problems finding nursurys attated to schools, they all seem to be private! Is that normal or is it just the area i live in?

Have a look on ofsted's website if you put in nurserys you know and read the full report, im a nursery nurse and know many parents dont know about ofsted and that they have a right to know and read the reports, a child 3+ gets funded and is allowed 5 mornings free of charge, which is normally 9-12, if you would like your child to stay longer you will have to pay.

when my girls started pre-school they did 2 mornings till they settled then they did 3, when 4 and just after xmas of the year they were going to school they did 5 mornings.... Hope this helps :) Good luck finding a nursey!

i think they get 12/13hrs free, my daughter used to go for 2 n half hours a day for 5days and that was all paid for by the government! i think most preschools do mornings and afternoons as seprates rather then a full day :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back