Alex got his place in school!!

number2

Reaction score
Aaaah..... and breath!!

Not sure if I mentioned on here before, but I somehow managed to fill in the whole schools application online, and then forget to press submit! Received a letter a month after the closing date telling me this, and when I rang up they repeated all my details back to me, pref schools, my phone number etc, but said as I didn't press submit I would have to be a late application. Their reasoning being a few people start to fill out the form each year, but then move to a new area, so never need to complete it.

Since all this happened last November, I have been advised I had a really good case for appealing, and I would be doing that right now if I hadn't received the letter this morning to say he got his place at the first choice!! :dance:

It means so much to us now as I was waiting for this letter to be able to move, as what with the new little one being due end of August really wanted to be within walking distance of the school to make life just a little bit easier. So now I just have to wait for a property to come up on rightmove, hasn't been a sausage for 2 weeks so fingers crossed something comes in soon. Otherwise I'll have to start knocking doors and politely asking people to move!

Just so so pleased, it means now we can move and be settled for the baby and for Alex's first time at school, and then with a 6 month tenancy have enough time to sell our 2 houses and find a new one, to hopefully be in for xmas! Today is a very good day!

aww thats great! its a proud mummy moment wen reality hits and ur wee one gets in2 school! especially 1st choice. my little girl got her acceptance letter to, what a warm feelin eh?! good luck in house hunting, somethings bound to come up real soon xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back