Spreaded Cheese - Ok or not?

happy-chick

Reaction score
Just wondering is spreaded cheese like Phylidelphia (sp?) and dairylea allowed during pregnancy as I know soft cheese are not but im not really sure what is meant by soft cheeses?

Could anyone advise please? x

I believe they are pasteurised so therefore fine.

It's only un-pasteruised cheese that are risky because of possible listeria-type bugs. Think blue veined cheeses or Brie. The packet should tell you if it's treated or not :D

Ahhhhh i see, was a little confused!

Im not really a cheese person anyway, only really like mild cheddar and gone off that at the moment hehe the only thing I seem to able to eat at the moment is phylidelphia on toast so thought id best double check!

Thanks Minxy :) x

The issue with cheese if the mould - if a cheese is mould ripened - such as brie or camembert then there is an increased risk of listeria. Also, any blue veined cheeses are the same. Processed cheeses such a philidelphia, cheddar etc are fine.

Philadelphia is perfectly ok, I've asked two different midwives about that because I love it on bagels with sliced tomatoes!!

mozzarella is in that list aint that what u find on pizzas?

thought that was bad for pregnant women?

oh ok didnt see the title on that site hard cheese lol :D

enn said:
mozzarella is in that list aint that what u find on pizzas?

thought that was bad for pregnant women?

oh ok didnt see the title on that site hard cheese lol :D

Yeah, mozarella is the cheese used on pizzas. Should be OK to eat, especially if served on pizza as it will have been cooked.

I was worried about Philidelphia too, as to me it counted as soft cheese, but I was also told that it's only mold cheeses that are bad, and philly is ok.

Good job, I ate loads of it in first tri, went through a phase of ryvita+pineapple philly stuff..!

i think the rule is if its made in the uk it is ok to eat because they get pasturiesed.

choc mouse isnt ok (i realise this is not a cheese...) but i had some before i read about it. appantly they use raw egg white, which i dodnt know :wall:

i fancied choc mousse, never eat it ever but didnt buy it.

mozerella is hard sort of i think in the packets we sell but i only have it really on chicago pizzas the cheese ones or lasagne.

good to know i cook it good too as its frozen:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back