Spotting?

K.Eliza

Reaction score
Hi this is a little embarassing and my first time posting on the internet ever!
I had unprotected sex just under two weeks ago, I'm due my period in about three days. I'm not on the pill (I know silly!). My boyfriend and I are all about being natural and let whatever happens happen. We both work and have a stable income.
Today I had a very light (in colour also) bleed . It was pinky at first then looked kind of light brown, I'm just wondering if it could be spotting or if it's too late, since I'm supposed to be due on in a couple of days. It lasted for a few minutes stopped, then started again an hour later. I put on a pantyline thinking this coulb be an early period but it's been 2 hours and nothing. I'm usually quite heavy on my period (sorry if it's tmi) so I'm a little worried. I'm not testing yet as I've been told I'd have to wait a week or two? And also to wait to see if my period does start up properly or if it's missed.

Any replies would be amazing. Thanks for taking the time to read this! :hugs:

Hey,

Welcome and dont feel embarrassed - thats what we are all here for.

Its very hard to say but it is possible it could be an implantation bleed (if you had sex around the time you ovulated) When is your AF due? xx

It could be implantation bleeding. but also as you so close to your af it could just be a light spotting before starting? hope you get the answer you want hun xx

From what I've read online implantation bleeding normally happens 7-10dpo, and the lutheal phase (time between ovulating and your period) is typically 14 days (but can be anywhere between 10-17 days) So based on those numbers I would say there is a chance that you are pregnant and that what you have is implantation bleeding/spotting! Never had it myself, so don't know what it's like, but it's usually described as pink or brownish discharge, which is what you are experiencing. If it is implantation bleeding a pregnancy test would probably be positive within a couple of days as the body starts producing hcg (which is the hormone the pregnancy tests detect) after implantation. (someone please correct me if I am wrong about this). I suggest you wait until your period is due and then take a test. At that time home pregnancy tests are between 90 and 99% reliable if performed correctly (depending on the brand). It could be you'd get a positive test earlier if you are pregnant, but if you get a negative you might still be pregnant, so if you are able to wait that can save you some stress and worry (and money)!

Also, I don't think it's silly at all that you're not on the pill! If you and your boyfriend have discussed it and decided to let whatever happens happen then that is a choice you've made and that's that! :)
I've personally never been on the pill, only used abstinence and later condoms as protection.. Personally I don't feel comfortable "messing" with my body and hormones like that, so I just haven't. (no offense to those who are/have been on the pill!)

Anyway! Hope you manage to not stress about it too much and that you get the result you want/ are happy about the result you get! Keep us updated :)

Last edited:
Counting from the day I started my cycle and when we TTC it was mainly the week leading up to Ovulation and definitely on the day. Really hoping for a BFP, just have to go through the dreaded wait! Thanks lovelies!
Will see if I actually do come on or it's missed and post back sometime soon.

Tested yesterday finally after having a little nausea the past few days and got a :bfp:!!
When I saw the test I couldn't believe it... scared at first of course but now just really excited!

Congrats Hun, get over to bfp announcements and shout it :dust: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back