soup!

mum2A&L

Reaction score
does anyone have a nice veg soup reciepe? we had a home made carrott and coriander (sp) one the other day and i want to make a big vat of veg soup so i can freeze it and have as wanted?

ta

When I make veg soup, i just grate loads of veg into a stock pot with a few stock cubes bring to the boil and simmer for an hour or so...
I use mostly root veg but not parsnip as it makes it sweet. It's really good if you wap a ham in to to boil with it but I'm guessing you might be a veggie.

I also put a little bit of grated cheese and a few croutons in to serve. Yum

Sam&Alice said:
does anyone have a nice veg soup reciepe? we had a home made carrott and coriander (sp) one the other day and i want to make a big vat of veg soup so i can freeze it and have as wanted?

ta

ooh care to share the recipe??

When i make veg soup i like the veg sliced up quite chunky which most people don't like.

I only know how to make soup from left over whole chicken its damn good though haha

nah, not a veggie. I love my meat to much :D
So i can put almost any veg in that i want. im planning to go to the market next week, and i always have loads, so i thought this would be a good way of using it. I can take it into work with me for lunch and stuff. If i heat the soup up in the morning and pop it in a flask thingy, do you think it will still be warm enough at lunch?

heres the recipe for the carrott one:
Ingredients
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 onion, sliced
450g/1lb carrots, sliced
1 tsp ground coriander
1.2 litresl/2 pints vegetable stock
large bunch fresh coriander, roughly chopped
salt and freshly ground black pepper

Method
1. Heat the oil in a large pan and add the onions and the carrots. Cook for 3-4 minutes until starting to soften.
2. Stir in the ground coriander and season well. Cook for 1 minute.
3. Add the vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Simmer until the vegetables are tender.
4. Whizz with a hand blender or in a blender until smooth. Reheat in a clean pan, stir in the fresh coriander and serve.

Becksss - do share!!!

thanks for that.

for veg soup i usually add

potatoes
leeks
onion
carrots
turnip(makes it go off in 2 days though)
butternut squash
sweet potato
and lentils/peas etc

Basically this is what my mum taught me last winter
After every1s picked at the chicken etc

Put the carcus in2 a slow cooker or i suppose a big pan
1 pint of water slow cooker on low 4 the night
in morn turn off so it cools
pick of all the chicken pieces so they are all in water and add chicken gravy granules possibly sweetcorn
and then reheat to serve
I dont think u can freeze though
BUT it is so unbelieveably tasty

scottishterrier said:
thanks for that.

potatoes
leeks
onion
carrots
butternut squash
sweet potato
and lentils/peas etc

Do you know if you can freeze it?

Becksss said:

pick of all the chicken pieces so they are all in water and add chicken gravy granules possibly sweetcorn
and then reheat to serve

oo sounds yummy. Im one of the naughty people who tends to leave the left over chicken out for the foxes :shhh:

I did too
but my mum came flapping round cos i really had no money last year she was like
oooooh a whole soup u culd amke out of that i waslike riiiite
but it is yum

Sam&Alice said:

ta
hiya

anything makes a soup chick

just add what you want boil it up and thicken it up with a potato or two at the end . Use vegetable stock whilst boiling the begetables. Then blend it all up in a blender or have it chunky :)

i regularly make carrot and potato soup. its so easy.

Just stick it in ap an and boil. go for it :lol:

Sam&Alice said:
scottishterrier said:
thanks for that.

potatoes
leeks
onion
carrots
butternut squash
sweet potato
and lentils/peas etc

Do you know if you can freeze it?

yeh i usually freeze it

and then reheat to serve

My mum also makes a home made chicken soup with the left over chicken, she does the same as your mum becks, but she puts chicken oxo cubes in, she also puts potatoes, carrots, onions and leaks in! Its lovely![/url]

Sam&Alice said:
oo sounds yummy. Im one of the naughty people who tends to leave the left over chicken out for the foxes :shhh:

Erm you mean you leave out your chicken carcass for foxes? Not a good idea as bones once cooked can splinter when eaten (and dogs and foxes eat the bones) and cause serious problems to canines. Chicken bones are well known for this. Just thought you should know :)

I make a carrot and ginger (great for morning sickness for some methinks) soup.

Lots of carrots (I think I used about 6-8 large ones usually) - chopped
One onion - chopped
Fresh ginger - about 1 inch piece
Ground ginger
Veg stock cube

Gently fry off onion in butter or oil until soft. Add carrots and a dash of ground ginger to the onions and fry gently for a couple of minutes. stirring all the time.

Bring water to boil and add carrots and onion from pan. Crumble in veg stock cube and add fresh grated ginger and leave to simmer till cooked.

Once cooked, leave to cool then puree or blend. Thin out by adding more water if preferred. I tend to like it rather thick. Warm up as needed or freeze.

its not a receipy

but in the hotel a couple of weeks ago , after the starters where pate , or goats cheese lmao they got me some soup and it was

carrot and orange !

now im shocked , but it was gorgous , one of the girls say u make it by making carrot soup as norma, then add orange juice , simple as that !

im ashamed to say , ive never made home made soup :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back