Sorry I know I keep harping on about this but......

timsmom

Reaction score
I still haven't had any definite movement and I'm 16 1/2 weeks with my third pregnancy. I'm starting to get really nervous. Is it possible I have an anterior placenta so won't feel anything till later. Or is it just because I'm so fat? Or is it because the baby isn't moving?? He was still on both of my scans too.

I just wish little one would gve me a few good prods so I know all is well. I'm sorry to keep pestering everyone but with my history, I do get very anxious. Try and bear with me!! :(

I have felt mine move for a week or 2 but my GP was surprised that it happened as early as 16 weeks. I wouldnt worry. As long as you have a heartbeat that's all that matters :hug:

aww hun
you should do what i do have a nice long soak in a warm bath then lay on the sofa very still watching tv put one hand on your belly just under your belly button its then that i feel things not sure if its kicks or her rolling around but i can defo feel something
some factors you have said might not help though if you aint that skinny or have the placenter thing as i hear that can stop you feeling asmuch
i wouldnt worry though hun it could just move when your asleep lol
manda xx

I think it's perfectly normal to be anxious before the kicking starts. I've found having a doppler helps put my mind at rest. Until I got that I had no proof whether baby is ok in there.
I haven't felt much either yet. Sometimes when I'm lying in bd at night I 'think' I feel something but not sure if it's just my imagination. Definately don't feel anything at all during the day. I expect we just have chilled out babys, hopefully they'll be the same when they come out :hug: :hug: :hug:

i still don't feel a great deal - its more obvious than it was but kicks are very muffled. i've got an anterior placenta too, and a reasonable amount of padding on top of that! at the MW's the other day, a student tried to feel which bit of trog was which, and just gave up - i suggested to the MW that it was extra layers on top of baby, and her only reply was "well it keeps you warm in winter"!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

having the doppler has really helped reassure me though. i only use it a couple of times a week but it makes me feel a lot happier

sure everything's fine with your LO. :hug: :hug:

Ive only just started feeling deffinate movements too and this is my 3rd pregnancy.

maybe you have a really docile baby?? hopefully one who will sleep all night through :D if it didnt move at all on the scan im sure the doctors would have picked up on it?

I had no definite movement until about 17 weeks and even then it was just slight pops which I thought could have been anything! If the doc tells you that the baby is ok then there is nothing to worry about. I would worry if I didnt feel anything definite by 25 weeks. Don't be disheartened though I know it is frustrating but some babies really are lazier than others. My friend hardly felt much at all with her third pregnancy right to the very end and now has a cute and chubby contented little baby!

I didn't feel anything till past 18 weeks and then i could only feel slight movements inside. I wouldn't worry too much, every baby is different and once it starts that will be it!!!!

mine were very subtle until 3 weeks ago, give it time I'm sure she will kick hell out of you soon :hug:

hun try not to worry, ive only just started feeling my baby at 21 weeks and its not my first either, at scan they said my placenta is right across front so wont feel as much,

i can definatly feel tiny kicks here and there now, but its taken a while.

i didnt feel much until about 20 wks either and even then it wasnt a great deal... she's more active now. some babies are lazy in there anyway, as long as you have a h/b i'm sure its fine

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back