Sorry but I need to ask someone:

dinks1

Reaction score
Is anyone else suffering from constipation? Im drinking loads and trying to eat fibre (brown bread), but nothing is working. I didnt suffer from this last time, and its starting to become painful. Any advice please!!! :oops:

No sorry, but try eating lots of fruit (not bananas!)

l reaaaally am.. i only eat brown bread.. brown rice.. pasta.. loads of fruit.. and veg etc.. and i am packed full.. lols.. i dont know if we can take things like "fibresure".. does anyone know?

x x

:hug: aww hun not suffering yet, speak to the pharmacist/chemist they can advise you what is safe in PG xx

I think lactulose is safe when pregnant - I'm sure they gave me that when I was pregnant last time...

I have already asked and apparently it isnt recommended!!! That answer wasnt very helpful, I would like a yes or no really! Im starting to get desperate now

Sorry I meant I asked a chemist and she didnt give me a definate answer. Sorry wasnt being rude!

lol.. noo.. i just meant.. what was it they said you shouldnt have? fibresure or something else? sorry.. im rubbish with this pregnancy head on mine.. lol

xx

Laxatives aren't recommended while pregnant because your body can become dependent on them and you can end up with a lazy bowel.

One thing I find works for me is LOADS of grapes and lots of water. Porridge is supposed to be good too.

Sue

ahh sorry, i asked about anything I could take to help. I didnt ask for anything by name.

aaah.. never mind.. lol.. ill make one.. and give it free to all PF members.. lol

x x

ooh greast tip about the porriage. I have just made a huge bowl, I love it, so i really hope it works! :pray:

The problem is ur loaded with fibre but sometimes. too much is the reverse! u need to drink loads of water. u can try lactulose it is safe I am Very sure. ask ur MW about it.
any other form of laxative is not recommended. but fybogel is ok although didn't work for me!

hi my best mate is a pharmasist and she says you can get laxative suppositries which are fine for pregnancy and work within 30 mins to an hour, the idea of a suppositary isnt very appealing but they work fast so she tells me.

I feel your pain hun!

'The Pregnancy Bible' I have says that Fybogel is a good thing to take, and totally safe during pregnancy. If you eat too much fibre, that can make you constipated too, so you might be od'ing on the fibre front, so cutting down on fibre-rich stuff might actually help a little bit too!

Drinking lots and lots of water is also good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back