Something strange...

emilia

Reaction score
... going on!!

I put Oscar down as ususl last night, but he woke shortly after... crying as if he had a bad dream. I consoled him and put him back down, but it happened again. Eventually, I took him into bed with me.

Today... same thing. He has been fighting sleep all day and every time I get him off to sleep (even whilst on bob), he starts to cry inconsolably. Completely heartbroken.... as if I'm not his mommy!!! That kind of cry.

Little I do or say calms him down.... for at least 5 minutes.
Help.... anyone else experienced this at such a young age?

Emilia xx

Rubie does this occasionally, she is sleeping soundly then suddenly starts crying really inconsolably. I don't know what causes it, I hope he is ok soon hun x

Thanks Kim.
I don't know if I should be worried or not. Maybe just a phase! :pray:

Emilia xx

Hi

I thought your post was going to end "in the neighbour hood" lol - been watching too much ghost busters!

Olivia sometimes does this as well, I wonder if it's a pain like trapped wind because the other night she fell asleep on my boob then started screaming like after her jabs and so I sat her up and her stomach did a huge girgle and she then brought up all the milk she'd just consumed :roll:

Lucy

Yea, Maheen has done it a couple of times as well! I would also think it's because of trapped wind or some kind of sharp pain. I am not sure tho!
If it happens a lot, though, i would at least call NHS direct.
Mel xx

Phoebe does this occasionally too.

Infact she did it today. I just cuddle her until she stops.

She has never done it at bedtime though or during the night.

I think maybe they just have bad dreams or wake up and forget where they are :lol:

Jack started to wake up in the night, which is very unusual for him, but when i spoke to the HV she told me to start giving him solids as he may begetting too hungry, so he's waking up hungry. Jack gets a very windy stomach when he gets hungry so cries wih trapped wind.

Seren has been doing this, usually she is staright down to bed but the last few nights she has been crying out, and it has taken 3 times for her to settle. Always wants reassurance (usually the boob), however I think she is teething so this might be it.

Hi

Its been happening for us too must be common ?
Hope it settles for you.
KATRINA

Could he be teething? Aaron gets really upset and doesn't sleep right when his teeth are cutting. Going through it the last few days again :(

Thanks everyone - Oscar has been a bit better today. It was raining all day and we just snuggled under the duvet.

He was being a bit of a headcase tonight though.... got all hyper suddenly - all limbs propelling.... thought he was going to take off in the bath. He usually gets bath, boob and bed. Tonight it was bath, boob....... bed two hours later!!!!!

Ouch well.... the joys. Can't wait for the day that I will hover his room at 5 in the morning when he still wants sleep!! Roll on 16 years! :lol:

Emilia xx

Aww hope he's sorted it now emilia.

Every time I see this thread I sing the "ghostbusters" theme tune in my head :oops:

LOL... that's so funny!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Who you gonna call......
EMILIA xx :dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member