Where do you put your baby for their daytime naps?

Hypnorm

Reaction score
Just wondering where other people put their babies for their day time naps, i put mine on the sofa and not sure whether i'm doing the right thing as he will start to move around soon, and probably fall off!
Maybe i should get him used to sleeping in the cot during the day.

Also how do you settle him if he is grumpy when going to sleep, i've read so many diferent things, one site said to pick him up, say we'rw going to sleep now and then put him straight back down, and keep doing it pick up put down, untill he was quiet - i tried this and baby alsmost had a melt down!
i tend to pick him up calm him then put him straight back to the cot when he is calm, and if he starts winging just reassure him by patting him, talking to him, and stoping when he is quiet, but will pick him up again if he goes in to a melt down.

just getting confused with all the sleep advice!

hi i have put cot but it depends on where he falls asleep some times i put it in puschair laying flat other times i put him in his chair or his cot

I usually put jamie on the sofa in his cosy fleece but sometimes i put him in his cot and leave curtains open!

With settling him i put him on his side with his head on my arm and he just snuggles into me and falls asleep quite quickly!! Do what is right for you, as many books, websites etc all say conflicting things on what you should do!! go with your insticts and do what feels right for you and ewan!

I have always put Amy in her cot with the curtains closed, don't know why.

If we are out she will sleep in her trolley, i was always scared that she will roll off the setee if i put her to sleep on there.

:D :D

I usually put Ava in the middle of my and DH's bed for naps, curtains closed. I let her take naps on her tummy since I'm awake to watch her.

ethan usually sleeps on my bed during the day as my pc is in my bedroom and thats where iam most of the day lol but if im doing housework he will be on the sofa or in his moses basket or bouncy chair he dont mind where he sleeps but i dont close the curtains for him

We use a moses basket on the floor.

Health visitor didnt recommend on the sofa or moses basket on the sofa as he could roll off!

I found a soother helps if baby wont settle, I was totally against them but it has helped loads!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back