• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

solids/milk routine - sorry!

ozzy

Reaction score
Hi, Started weaning a few weeks ago now and feeling im not getting anywhere.
LO is 7 half months old ( prem so 5 half corrected)
just woundered what your milk/solid routine is for your LO at similar age.
mine is this but im struggling!

7 am bottle -may take 5 oz then cereal/ or banana
11am bottle- may take 5 oz
3pm bottle may take 5 oz then fruit puree/veg
7pm- bottle may take 7oz if lucky

as u can see he does not take a lot of milk and never has really. so im thinking i should up his solids and add a lunch.
but do i give it the same time as his milk or should i drop to 3 feeds and then feed him at different times to his milk?
sorry to be a pain but can you tell me what sort of milk/solid routine you have and how much solids you give ( half a jar or 3 cubes??)
thanks im getting into a right state here thinking he is not getting enough. :?
not doing BLW cos he is a prem

thanks ladies

xx

Hey

My LO is 6 months, so a bit younger. But I think we started weaning at around the same time, from your other posts. At the moment we do:

Around 6 -7ish: bottle (about 7oz)
10 -11ish; bottle (about 4oz), then baby rice mixed with a cube of fruit puree.
2-3ish: bottle (about 6 oz)
6-7ish: bottle (about 6 oz), then vegetable purees (2 small cubes)
10-11ish: bottle (about 8 oz) we wake her up for this, otherwise she would wake at about 12 for it.

I have the Annabel Karmel book, her planner says that after the first couple of weeks it should be:
early morning: bottle
Breakfast: bottle, then cereal
Lunch: puree and water/juice
Tea: bottle
Bedtime: bottle

I would really recommend getting this book as it answers all these sort of questions.

If your beginning to wean i would add new tastes slowly. Keep to your milk routine then add say a puree of something for him to get a new taste. It can be offputting for them if too many different tastes are given too quickly. Once he's had a few days of something then try him with a new taste. You can also offer finger food and let him take the lead.

Once he's taking puree's or eating finger food for a meal regularly you could lessen the milk then think about adding a second meal an so on.

leland is nearly 7 months and 5.5 corrected

8-9am 8oz bottle
9-10 am stage 1 jar or baby cereal
12-2 ( depends on him) 6 oz bottle ( might take less)
2pm half stage 1 jar (veggy) and fromage frais
6pm half - 1 stage 1 jar (meaty) and dessert (either fruit or fruit purees half jar)
8pm 8oz bottle

this has only been last 3 days since weve dropped dreamfeed

before it was

7-9am 8oz bottle
9-10 am breafast half stage 1 jar
12-1 pm 6 oz bottle
2pm lunch half stage 1 jar and fromage frias
5-6pm 6oz bottle
6pm dinner half stage 1 jar and another half for dessert
11pm 8oz dreamfeed

he stopped taking his morning bottle , so we decided to alter the routine as i think morning bottle is very important and now his taking it again and sleeping through from about 8.30-9 last 2 days !

thanks ladies for your replys.
i have bought the annabel karmel book which as made it more clearer i thought i could do it without it but i think its more clearer now. my lo turned his nose up at the veg puree but loved the fruit puree :think: . i will try again in a couple of days.

gem- thanks for your routine i think i will do something like that in a couple of weeks , definatly will need to drop a milk feed soon he currently has 4.cant see how i can give him his bottle and then expect him to have solids after :?

thanks again xx

as for the fruit / veg pureee thing , i had same problem !!!! but i found if i gave him VERY SMOOTH veg puree he loved it , just didnt like the stodgy ones

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back