solid pooh?

futuremum

Reaction score
Thomas 'pooh is solid. He is on formula only but he poohs in chunks like ours. Is it normal do you think? He gets extremely upset when he does as it requires a lot of pushing and it hurts!!! :(

my daughter is exactly the same, she really wimpers when it comes to having a poo. i feel so sorry for her, ive been putting pure apple juice into her water you could try orange as well, they seem to be getting a little softer, but she has not had one today so shes probably constipated now!!!! :wall:

My oldest son was bottlefed and the formula made him terribly constipated most of the time. He's poo's were hard and caused him a lot of discomfort and pain whilst trying to push. I don't know how many times DH and I tried to push his legs back against his tummy to help it come out.
A real shame for them - perhaps you can try to give him a small amount of diluted orange juice every day. That should at least make his poo's a wee bitty softer.

Emilia xx

Harley had this when he was 3 days old and dior had it when she was a few months old i feel so sorry for them harleys lil bum even had a bit of blood were it hurt him :cry:

i gave him sugar water. a pinch of sugar to every oz and it sorted it straight away :)

thomas does not accept water or any other liquid as he chokes on it and does not like water and lactulose is too sticky and i don't want him to rely on medication to soften his pooh. :(

Futuremum...
Does Thomas wake for a night feed? That's maybe a good time to warm up the diluted juice - as warm as the milk. That's how we got our son to take it. By the time he realises it's not milk, he's just about finished the juice.... sneaky, but worked. They're usually too sleepy to notice - worth a try! :wink:

Emilia xx

Damien doesn't and will not drink water, no matter how much I try, but he will take fruit juice or squash (which I know is bad I know!). Try a ready to drink juice for him (I still dilute this though). Damien loves the heinz ready to drink pear one, but will only drink it out of a bottle (again I know this is bad but he just CANNOT use a beaker) :wall:

Futuremum, Ella's poo's are the same! very hard lumps, like playdough lol. Occasionally she will do a sloppy poo, but there ususally hard.

She doesnt reall have water, on the odd occasion if she is crying I give her water to settle her and she will take it. Maybe I hould give it her more often include it in her feeding routine. How often do you give your LO's water? and when?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back