So why cant I eat it?

jazzmum2be

Reaction score
I no people say that when you eat meat its gotta be well done.
Just wondering qwhy?
It it just plainly for the fact of incase you get food poising or something?
I just went for a meal with my aunty and nan and had steak - medium rare as I thought once in a blue moon wont hurt. (yes i no i did a very bad thing, before any of you tell me :D)
But whats the reason I shouldnt do it?

AFAIK it is to do with listeria or toxoplasmosia (???????)

Is it not to do with listeria.. how pregnant women are more suseptable (sp) to getting poorly from it.. i read about it today cos people were like giving me wrong for eating a pre packed sandwich.. :(

x x

i had medium rare steak loads when i was pregnant lol i just cudnt resist it. your not sposed to but its a "rare" occasion lol .its coz of the blood im thinkin, the listeria etc but if its well done its gud for u tho has iron in it hahaha hope u enjoyed it :D x

Ugh I could go eat it all again it was lushhhhh !
Then for pudding: chocolate cake with chocolate sauce, Im gonna get fatty fatt, all I do is eat at the moment haha :angel:
Glad Its not overly harmful then :)

Oh god.. chocolate cake.. jesus.. yummy.. gooey chocolate cake.. i want some..!!

x

do you know summit tho I think a little bit of what ya fancy does ya good darling!! I know ive had the odd few things we arent meant to have!!

and yeah I could just eat cake as well :)

Totally agree.. the only thing ive really been dodgy about is prawns.. and god i want them so badly.. nawdy little pink things making me want them.. erm.. :oops:

I dont normally like prawns, only time I have them is in prawn cocktail at christmas dinner and I still had them this year! not as many as I normally would but still had a taste!

The official line is prawns are fine in pregnancy as long as they are served piping hot and are well cooked.

I've had prawn sandwiches, prawn cocktail Christmas day, nuts, Mr Whippy ice cream (there was no way I was going to not have an ice cream all summer!) etc. It's what you feel comfortable with.

You are at no more risk of getting food poisoning whilst pregnant, it's just the effects of it will be worse (and in first tri where all the major development happens I wouldn't risk it) and there's little you can take to make yourself feel better.

As long as you are sensible (and obviously avoid things like liver pate and shark!) I think a little bit of what you fancy occasionally does you good and makes pregnancy a lot more tolerable if you are really cravnig something.

Glad you enjoyed your steak - pudding sounded much more up my street though! :oops: :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back