Snow!!

riotfox

Reaction score
Just a random post to moan lol! I don't know about anybody else but the snow is annoying me. It is so deep it comes up to my knees. I am a primary school teacher and the school was closed on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. The cars are snowed in so we have had to walk everywhere but it is so slippy. I am so scared of falling over and damaging baby or breaking bones but I don't want to be stuck in doors any longer. Poor husband just holds onto me so I am safe. Can a fall damage the baby?? xx

poor you! all my fridnds back hopme in nottingham are complaining about the snow but i feel like im missing out because here in Cardiff there hasnt been any!! x

Don't feel that you're missing out. We have just been trying to dig the cars out but there is at least a foot of snow on and around the cars so we may be there a while lol!! I could always send you the snow that we dig up and take off the cars. xx

Think yourself lucky that your school is closed and you haven't had to get yourself into work!! Ours is knee deep too and I've had to get myself into work every day except Weds when the buses were suspended all day, and then they told me I had to take it as annual leave or work the hours back - even though it was physically impossible for me to get there!! Think they expect you to crawl in on your hands and knees!! I'm off now till Weds so am staying in as much as possible - but going stir crazy!! Trouble is with this amount of snow it's not going to go anytime soon and I am absolutely DREADING it turning to ice! That is when you can slip and really hurt yourelf and baby....if it gets really bad I will phone in sick, no way I am risking my baby to get into work!!!! xx

I'm hating it too! Got the keys to my new house last week. We've managed to get some stuff there but my furniture is in storage and held out in the country. Because of the weather and how busy they are they're saying at least 2 weeks before I get my stuff :( So I'm having to stay with friends. Its a bloody nightmare!

I fell over in it the other day landed on my wrist, hip and shoulder and was in apin for a few days. I rememeber last year it was awful and i had my baby 27th dec it was awful i panicked about falling over, not getting to the hospital, luckily enough it had stopped a few days before i had him and it was raining the day i had him so roads were clear but when he was 5 days old it all started again and my husband got snowed in at work and i had to walk 2 miles to go and get the kids from school, pushing the pram was like pushing a snow plough, my stitches were killing me afterwards i was in tears, midwife shouted at me for walking so far but what else could i do phone the school and say sorry i cant get my kids.
Just to reassure you a bit about falling over when i was 31 weeks pregnant with my 4th I fell down the stairs from top to bottom and landed on the hoover at the bottom on my tummy, i went the hospital to be checked out and everything was fine they reassured me that they are so protected in there with the waters etc and its actually vertually impossible to harm the baby by falling on your tummy. I would always seek medical attention to be on the safe side if you fell and were worried but was just letting you know what they told me.

Last edited:
Thanks everybody. You have reassured me that I will be fine if I do have a fall. All the snow is turning into ice now. Luckily when it snows my deputy head teacher drives me into work so I don't have to worry about that. I'm so lucky that my school understands because I know some places would not even pay you if you didn't get in. xx

yep - i wouldnt get paid if i couldnt get to work so i shouldnt hope for snow around here! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back