Snacks..?

Lou

Reaction score
Hi

When me and Isaac went to playgroup last week the children were eating biscuits as a snack. I didnt let Isaac have any and I felt a bit mean to be honest even though biscuits are bad for his teeth. Last night after his dinner, quorn cottage pie with fruity rice pudding for afters, I gave him a maryland chocolate chip cookie which he really enjoyed. So now I'm thinking maybe biscuits are ok but I will let him have them after meals and not as a snack. I've never really given him snacks between meals because he always eats so well and has a good 3 meals a day plus a 7oz bottle in the morning and one before bed.

what do you think?

Lou :)

I reckon you should go with your instincts - you know what is best for your LO!

If you dont want him to have buscuits perhaps take a healthy snack with you to the baby group - such as dried friut, yoghurt or veggie sticks - I bet the other mums will the ones feeling guilty then and will marvel about your LO's healthy eating habits!

I am still having an ongoing problem with my son not biting and chewing finger food so sometimes all I can get him to eat is savory mini breadsticks and the organic cheese buscuits (in the kiddie food section) Maybe these could be an alternative to a sweet buscuit for you?

Let us know how you get on

Xx Beany xX

Last edited:
Hi Beany thanks for your reply.

I did think about taking some savoury biscuits to playgroup, I get the cow and gate ones. Sorry to hear you are having problems. I've also had problems with Isaac eating. His problem is having too many teeth! even at 6 months he had teeth and could bite off more than he could chew, literally. He is slowly eating more and more lumps and can even eat some of our food now. Had a disaster tonight though...I tried mash, beans and the inside of fish fingers. He was eating it fine but on the 6th or 7th mouthful he got a lump stuck in his throat and threw up everywhere! I threw what was left in the bin, got him changed and opened a jar :wink:

Lou

Thank goodness for baby jars! My LO wouldnt eat much at all if it wasnt for them!

Sounds like Issac is doing well tho hun - my LO wont even consider eating mash or any other potato (unless it is all blended together with other stuff like a jar food) that is unless it is a smiley face.

I have agreed that mom can give him a smiley potato once a week........ lol He just seems to like things with breadcrumbs on hehehe (just like his mother :roll: )

Actually I am considering making some of my own veggie type sticks/burgers to see if I can make the veg look like the fish fingers/chicken steak that he will actually eat. That way I will know what is in them and can avoid any salt at all.

I will let you know if it works! lol :D

Last edited:
i would say if he is not missing treats then dont worry about giving him them but i have got myself in a mes letting Dior have treats, she wants them all the time.

Dior has a buscuit a day :eek: her teeth are ging to be rotten but they are only her baby teeth :wink:

i would save treats for very special times. like when he potty trains

lou said:
Hi

When me and Isaac went to playgroup last week the children were eating biscuits as a snack. I didnt let Isaac have any and I felt a bit mean to be honest even though biscuits are bad for his teeth. Last night after his dinner, quorn cottage pie with fruity rice pudding for afters, I gave him a maryland chocolate chip cookie which he really enjoyed. So now I'm thinking maybe biscuits are ok but I will let him have them after meals and not as a snack. I've never really given him snacks between meals because he always eats so well and has a good 3 meals a day plus a 7oz bottle in the morning and one before bed.

what do you think?

let the poor lad have a biscuit at playgroup :shock: . Think how he must feel when all the kids around him are munching and hes not. You're singling him out too.
Im not saying you're a bad mum - i think you're quite the contary but one bicy at playgroups not going to hurt in my opinion. :)

budge said:
lou said:
Hi

what do you think?

let the poor lad have a biscuit at playgroup :shock: . Think how he must feel when all the kids around him are munching and hes not. You're singling him out too.
Im not saying you're a bad mum - i think you're quite the contary but one bicy at playgroups not going to hurt in my opinion. :)

Do you know what, before he went to playgroup it hadnt even occured to me to offer him a biscuit so when they gave them to the other kids i just said no and that Isaac doesnt eat them. I agree with all of your posts but you are right budge, a biscuit at playgroup wont hurt. I need to chill out a bit i think lol everything in moderation as they say :wink:

Cheers!

lou said:
budge said:
lou said:
Hi

what do you think?

Do you know what, before he went to playgroup it hadnt even occured to me to offer him a biscuit so when they gave them to the other kids i just said no and that Isaac doesnt eat them. I agree with all of your posts but you are right budge, a biscuit at playgroup wont hurt. I need to chill out a bit i think lol everything in moderation as they say :wink:

Cheers!

i was very much like you when i had emily. but ive learnt to be a bit more relaxed now and i know its not the end of the world to get something ''bad for them'' once in a while like a sweet or a biccy :)
does he like playgroup?

Yeah budge kind of. I think he will enjoy it more once he is more confident with his walking. (And once he gets his hands on some quality biscuits) :wink:

i love biscuits. i had some chocolate digestives today. Even Rachael had a crafty lick :oops: :lol:

i get the organix biscuits for alex - they do lots of differetn types and some are sweetened with naturalt furit juice. he loves them and so do i :lol:

you could always take something like that along if you are worried about the type of biscuits they have.

having said that i agree with budge that it wont hurt. alex bits broken off if we have biscuits (not his organix ones but proper yummy ones!) rather than a whole one as i like to teach him to share (i have a spoonful of his yoghurt too :lol: ).

Budge i bet rachael liked that :lol: i remember giving alex his first lick of an ice cream - looked like he'd wondered into paradise!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back