SMP

Titch85

Reaction score
I've not long started a new job, just wondered how long I have to be there before I get SMP.

Online I found this:
"To qualify for SMP you must have been:
•employed by the same employer continuously for at least 26 weeks into the 15th week before the week your baby is due (the qualifying week)"

Sorry if I am being stupid, but how many weeks must I have been working there before getting pregnant for this to count?

One

. The 15th week before is week 25. So to have been there 26 weeks you need to have been there one week before falling pg. xxx

i stuggled with this one s well hun blew my mind haha! wht was said is correct!!!! make sure you remin there as long as poss befiore anouncing ttc or wtt or tri1 or anythign. although its illegal to fire becuse of a pregnncy they can find 'other reason'.....gl hve fun and im in exact same sitution!! (im past the first week though) x

I think I was over-thinking it lol.

I've been in my new job 3 months so no issue there.

Bear in mind it goes by your due date, not when you "actually" got pg - my dating scan has just moved my dates so that week 1 of my pregnancy was before I even had AF iyswim!!! Obv this doesn't matter to you, but anyone else who's ttc might be better playing it safe and maybe leave it a few weeks ;)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back