• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Smell

indie78

Reaction score
So who else has weird problems with smells?
I am currently sleeping in the spare room as 1 month ago we had a new carpet fitted in our bedroom, unfortunately the smell of it (a smell i usually love) makes me physically sick!

Anyone else got a weird and wonderful aversion to certain smells?

:)

i have such a heightened sense of smell now its unreal. can smell things 100 metres away! plus just about everything makes me feel sick. NOT good. other half has to spray his deodorant as far away from me as possible. in some ways its great, but in others a total nightmare!

The smell of my fridge has knocked me sick since really early on. I have to look away and hold my breath when I open it. Eurgh!

in the begining of this pregnancy i was soooo ill becuase of smells.

OH couldnt come near me if he had aftershave/deodrant on because it made me heave!

we couldnt have the heating on or the blowers on in the car as it made me heave!

most smells made me feel physically sick

:puke:

its not nice so i can totally sympathise - it does get better though, :hug:

~*Leanne*~ said:
in the begining of this pregnancy i was soooo ill becuase of smells.

OH couldnt come near me if he had aftershave/deodrant on because it made me heave!

we couldnt have the heating on or the blowers on in the car as it made me heave!

most smells made me feel physically sick

:puke:

its not nice so i can totally sympathise - it does get better though, :hug:

oh goodness.. this is all to come I suppose!! :)

my sence of smell is really different! I was just talking to OH about this today... im like a sniffer dog at the min. OH sprays his deodorant in the bathroom and it makes me wanna be sick when im in the bedroom :lol: I cant stand to smell food cooking as it makes me :puke: everything smells weird to me! I will just get a random wiff of something :lol:

i can smell EVERYTHING :lol: even the slightest Smell off makes me want to be sick

Sweetcorn :rotfl: the kids love it, and everytime i open a tin for them i puke :puke:

Morning all!

Ive just had too get on the band waggon!!! i cannot stand the smell of anything.. litterally washing powder, up liquid, toothpaste, My OH cannot come any where near me as i can smell what he has eaten even hrs before!!!! too make matters worse ive the builders in for a new kitchen and bathroom, even this has me in a gagging fit, the dust and smell of dampness where the walls are having to be replastered is just horrific... ive been in tears sooo many times.. 'ive gotta move out'!!! :lol: i think my OH thinks im seriously losin it! 'can u smell it?' has become my most used sentence!! followed by :puke: :puke:

Im never doing this again... Hmmm i said the same after my first! Mother nature hey!! :lol: :lol:

argh my daughters dollys are making me natuious they smell of plastic ewwwwwwwww

:lol: Emma that's all I keep saying to OH is "can you smell that?" EVERYTHING smells strong :lol:

I just thought everyone had a nose like a bloodhound. When I pick up hubby from work on my way home I can tell what he had for lunch as he gets in the car. I think I could go for a temporary career change and be a sniffer dog :lol:

The smell of absolutely everyhting made me sick at first, I'm 15weeks now, it's calmed down a bit but now I just projectile vomit with no apparent warning...not sure which is preferrable!

I think this just hit me. My partner bakes bread for me quite regularly and usually I can't wait for it to cool before I'm munching it. This afternoon the the smell just made my stomach churn. Poor thing, I felt really guilty after I blurted "ugh I can't eat that.."

I really don't like the smell of eggs or the vacuum cleaner. Also, I can't sit in the garden because the smell of the budlia is too overpowering. The worst is that I can't stand the smell of the house when I come back in after being out. I actually gag every time I come into the house and it's not dirty or anything either!

smoked bacon! hubby decided he wanted that for breakfast yesterday morning at 6.30...i nearly threw up in the frying pan! and the smell of the bakery shop...normally i love the smell, now i cant walk past it without feeling sick.

coffe a big no no smell for me and ssmell of petrol today reallygot me earlier hasnt so far but i usuaklly love smell of petrol :D

O yes!!! I notice everything!!!!! Some smells really set me off and I am retching away!!!!!! Somethings I think Mmmmmmm that smells lovely where as normally I wouldn't have noticed!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briguebbon
Back