SLow labour!!! THis is taking the pee now!

Melanie

Reaction score
I've been in labour for a bloody week. A WEEK!!!!!!

I have to be checked everyday now, i have an ultra sound ever few days too to check the cord. I am beyond peed off now.

Richard cant take every day off work either so i have to go to the clinic in the middle of Budapest on the friggin tram. Do people let you sit down? No they bloody well dont. I actually asked someone to move today because im fat, im in labour, i hurt and im fed up! The bloke told me he was tired (he was an american as it turned out) I told him i was in labour so i fooking win, he did get up amazingly lol.

They will let this carry on for another week before they think of inducing me because my waters are intact, im still only 2cm dilated and Thea is coping fine. IM NOT COPING FINE! We pay these people a friggin fortune (ok Richards company does but thats not the point) I want my baby now!!! Im off to start moving the heaviest stuff i can around the house now and them im going to walk up the hill to the train station in the vain vain hope that gets things moving!!!!

OK im done ranting.

:shock: HE SAID WHAT...HE'S TIRED? fook him, your pregnant and in labour and he wasn't gonna shift at 1st? :shock: Hope things move along for you soon :cheer:

aaawwwwwww... boopsy booo...

come here :hug:

hope your princess comes soon hun :hug:

Jade89 said:
:shock: HE SAID WHAT...HE'S TIRED? fook him, your pregnant and in labour and he wasn't gonna shift at 1st? :shock: Hope things move along for you soon :cheer:

Jade i almost punched him in the face. I swear some people are just arses.

God Melanie, I really feel for you hun!!!! :hug:

I sincerely hope that it all kicks off, LIKE NOW. I cant imagine being in labour for a week....fingers crossed she is here by the weekend!

hope it happens soon hun,so sorry you feel so crap :hug: xx

melanie how can you be in slow labour when you're only 2 cm dilated? :think:

Id hate to have to travel everyday to a clinic if I was in labour.
I think id let the whole world know how much pains etc I was in lol As for the guy on the tram, if you see him on there again, knock him flying :twisted: xx

budge said:
melanie how can you be in slow labour when you're only 2 cm dilated? :think:

Its just want my doctor calls it. Remember im not in England anymore, i assume they just say things they think will make us understand each other here lol. Whatever it is, its friggin crap. Its hurts like hell too :( Its a bizzare feeling when i walk, it feels like she is gonna fall out lol. Its the pain bit thats really getting to me though.

im feeling the same mel. Its coz babies head is low and ready to come out.

I wouldn't say you're in labour though :think: or even slow labour whatever that is.

Try taking some warm baths and eep sipping that tea :hug:

Hi,

I to had slow labour for a week with my little boy, i had a show a week before he was born, so i know how you feel, bloody continuous backache and pains, contractions starting and stopping, it's no fun.

You'll be all done soon enough, when my waters did break i only went 3 hrs and he was born.

Looks like you'll be a Mum soon :dance:

you could ask them to break your waters mel if you are having regualr contractions... :cheer:

Hi, this is my first post, i have been a secret lurker for a few weeks!! I am so relieved to read your post. I have been like this for the last 4 days, went to hospital yesterday as contractions were 6 minutes apart only for them to slow right down again a few hours later. I was only 1-2 cm dilated when they examined me and advised as waters still in place that i should go home and just wait!!

I am in quite a bit of pain too, my back is aching and when a contraction does come i am bent double!! As this is my first baby i thought i was just being a wimp. Midwife says it could happen very soon or i could be like this for ages. I could have cheerfully smacked her when she said that. I was due on the 8th so technically they will leave me until the 20th before they induce me!!

Alison.

OMG Melanie, sounds horrible seems like you got the short end of the stick. Wish I could say or do something you make you feel better but I don't think anything will other than you going into to full blown labour. I really hope it happens soon for you, I'll be thinking of you and keeping my fingers crossed that little baba comes real soon. In the meantime I'll send a hug your way :hug: .
Take care hun!

aww hun i have been getting painful too,,,looks like you will be meating thea soon :D it will all be worth it then :hug:

My contractions suck they are regular but only every 15 mins. The dr wants them to be at least 8 mins apart before she breaks my waters i already asked lol. I considered lying to her but they keep hook me up to a NST machine everyday so they know exactly when i have one lol. Bloody dr today said oh your contractions are good and strong - yes i bloody know that i can feel it you dizzy cow!

Stupid thing is i could have a c section tomorrow if i wanted it, work that one out!

dont worry melanie..i remember this happening to me, i was at 1-2 cms for a week and even when my contractions were at every 3 mins and i couldnt take the pain..went into hospital and i was still at 1-2 cms!!

they told me i wasnt relaxing enough on each contraction for it to dilate me..so heres my advice to you hun: take some parecetamol..have a nice warm bath...this will probably stop the contractions for a bit or ease them off..when they come back try..(and i know its hard..but try) not to tense up..breathe through it and try the swaying..walk around the room or whatever helps just dont clench you fists and tense up!!
once i did this i had my baby 4 1/2 hours later :)

good luck hun hope it helps you xx :hug:

Aw, hun. I sympathise, with my first I was in slow labour for 10 days. I know it's difficult, but try to get as much rest as possible now, as you'll need all your energy for labour and afterwards. Try to get a bit of sleep in between contractions if you can, and although you may not feel like it, make sure you eat regularly to keep your energy levels up.
Good luck melanie, and swan1 too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back