Anyone Taking/taken Makeup?

emma1976

Reaction score
This probably sounds really vain, but I had a hair disaster last week and so had all my hair chopped off in a short funky style - but with no make up on look a bit boyish (so I think maybe no one else would). I have had to pack makeup in my hospital bag, only as in concealer and mascara. Has anyone else taken or taking makeup to the hospital. Cos I will be there for about 5 days and photos will be taken I don't want to look like a boy on my baby's first photos with me. I'm not vain but it's making me a bit conscious.
xxxxxxxxxxx

I think it was my midwife who advised me to take make up to hospital, we want to look our best on the most important day of our lives and I'm sure they appreciate that. I even got made up to have my 12 weeks scan lol!! :lol:

I took all my make up with me in hospital and didnt use it once!!

I was chatting to a girl in the hairdresser last week and her Aunt used to put her makeup on at night before bed incase she went into labour. Perhaps when the contractions start for me I'll whack it on :)
xxxx

Although when my labour started i do admit to putting my make up on and straightening my hair before going into hospital!!! then at the end of labour i looked even worse!!!! make up smudged and hair all over the place!!!!!

glad i didnt wear makeup would have been in a right mess at the end of labour my hair was bad enough lol :)

To be honest, after having Amy i couldn't care less what i looked like!!
and anyone who understands how hard, tiring and painful it is to get something the size of a baby out would understand why you look so bad!! Lol

Everyone is different and have different preferences, but i know i won't be bothering.
Mind you on saying that my doctor who came to see me after having Amy was really young and fit and i saw him again a couple of weeks ago with this one so i might put some on just incase i get him again.
Lol after seeing a womans down below area i don't think he'd be interested!!

:D :D :D

My magic ingredients are.... good face wash, moisturiser and then a spot of blusher! Nice clean, natural and fresh look.
I've also decided to have my eyelashes tinted, so that I don't have to bother with it in hospital.
A friend of mine goes no where without lipstick. Even puts just a wee bit lippy on when putting out the bin bags. Make up is is god send and can only lift our spirits on a bad hair day!!!
Emilia xx :D

For my son I didn't take any make up at all, and refused most pictures. The ones I do have I look AWFUL.
Might consider concealer for under my eyes this time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back