Slight bleeding and bad pains :(

KirstyL

Reaction score
I've had really bad pains in the lower right hand side of my tummy for a few hours, and just been to toilet, and have light bleeding / spotting.
Now, I know I should ring MW, but I had the same a couple of weeks ago, ands he said that spotting is normal, and the pains are probably un pregnancy related and to see my doctor..

Went docs at the time and he felt everything and said the pains were just my uterus moving, and all was fine. He checked my BP as well, as I've been getting migraine type headaches for weeks, but that's normal.

Anyway, so don't wanna bother MW again, if pains are the same as last time!? But they really hurt, and surely my uterus moving, shouldn't hurt?

xx

I know care is different in every area of the country but I had a small bleed the other night which I noticed getting out of the bath - I called Maternity dept as it was out of hours and they asked me a few questions told me it was prob nothing but as the blood was bright red that I should be checked over and to go see them.

Call the Midwife again - if you get the same response tell them that you would rather be checked over and would like to go see them - TODAY!

I am sure everything will be ok xx

Haha, a case of not taking No for an answer then is it :)
Yeah I will do, cause it hurts, could just be growing pains I suppose, but I'd rather know for sure, as you say.
Will give them a ring and explain, and hope I get a different MW this time :)
xx

I had some bleeding/spotting on and off between weeks 12 and 16 turned out to be my cervix - it was bright red. I did at one point have a really sore back on the left hand side as well and at the time I thought it was related but it can't have been, I must have just over done it or something. If you are worried ring your midwife as that is what they are there for. Everytime I called they just said to wait and see what happens and that it was normal. Eventually after the very last "bleed" I managed to get into the hospital as I called and I told them i wanted an appointment that dat to get checked out - it was such a relief to find out what it was coz even though they say it's normal it doesn't stop you worrying!

Last edited:
Ring youre Midwife hun, thats her job :) x

Thanks guys, yeah I know that's their job and it's what they are there for, but there seem to be so many pregnant women, didn't want to bother them if it's nothing! But you're right, I'll just sit here and worry and panic if I don't go or at least call them.
I'll do it now and let you know what they say :)
xx

I would hun....I mean when I rang I had the tiniest bit of a bleed but they were still adament I get checked.

As you said the pains could just be ligaments stretching - I often get an uncomfortable feeling low down on my bump which can only be discribed as "Bump ache" lol It does not worry me tho

If I was worried like you tho and they had fobbed me off I would have insisted on being checked so that I could relax.

Let me know how you get on xx

I was the same I didn't want to call them yet again after I had called twice in two weeks and they told me it was normal but then you just have to think that its your baby and body and you have to look after number one as no one else will, if you know what I mean. :) let me know the outcome!

It's what they get paid for hun, they are there to support you whatever your questions are. Don't worry just call xx

Hiya,

Okay phoned them again, and sure enough, was told that spotting is normal, and the cramps / pains are probably not even baby related. Said as they are on the RH side, could it be something like apendix!! I don't think I've ever had problem with them. Did say to keep eye on the bleeding, put a pad on, and to ring back if I get anymore / or heavier.
We shall see.
xx

Well I do think that it was best for you to make them aware of it again hun, for your own peace of mind xx

help me im sooo worried, im 7+3 weeks started bleeding this moning and still bleeding well more pinky brown discharge, i dont know if ive got tummy ache or wind, and im sure my boobs are not sore anymore, im so confused and obviously thinking the worse, ive got a scan tommorow, a part of me doesnt want to go and wants to stay at home in my ignorant bliss, please tell me im not alone and i could all be ok in the end xx:eh::eh::eh::eh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back