Sleeping positions

1stBump12

Reaction score
I've never slept on my front, always slept on my back which I know I shouldn't do now - but I cannot lie on either side as the pain in my hips is excruciating :( feels like burning so I've not been getting a lot of sleep. Has anyone got any suggestions of what I can try?

Would I be ok to sleep propped up in near sitting position? X

Hiya hon - I think that should be ok as it wouldn't put pressure on anything. However, it might be an idea to give your mw a ring and see what she says.... Sorry you're in so much pain... xxx

You could try a pregnancy pillow - you can sleep in all manner of positions with it proping you up and supporting you where needed. I had one during my firsy pregnancy and loved it - I never had any problems sleeping after I got it :)

You could try a pregnancy pillow - you can sleep in all manner of positions with it proping you up and supporting you where needed. I had one during my firsy pregnancy and loved it - I never had any problems sleeping after I got it :)

I've got one :( and while my top half is very comfortable, it's not helping with my hips.
I was thinking that I could use it to keep my more upright and ease the pressure on my hips?!?
Think I'll be phoning my MW (again!!).

Thanks both xx

I have exactly the same problem. Also have a pregnancy pillow but no help with muscle pain around my hips that I wake up with really early in the mornings. No problems during the day but definitely affecting sleep. Haven't found anything that helps yet but thought I would sympathise.

I have exactly the same problem. Also have a pregnancy pillow but no help with muscle pain around my hips that I wake up with really early in the mornings. No problems during the day but definitely affecting sleep. Haven't found anything that helps yet but thought I would sympathise.

If I find the answer I'll let you know!! I don't know if it's the SPD getting worse or just one of those things! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back