Sleeping on side

Lilelephant

Reaction score
So the advice is to sleep on our left side! Although right side is better than on put backs!

But no matter what side I lie on bubs goes crazy lol not that I
Complaint much rather have a active baby but its typical that the position we r told to sleep in is the same as the one ti try and get baby moving lol

If I lay on my left side I end up face to face with OH and I just don't like it I can't sleep with the feel of him puffing in my face, especially in the morning IYKWIM.

My mw told me to try and sleep on my left just to get him to move head down as his back is on my right. I'm trying to, but still end up sleeping on both sides.

x

I find it easy to sleep on my left as long as I have my v pillow. I toss and turn all night otherwise. Pop licks no matter which way I lay, but when I'm on my side he kicks the mattress!!

If I lay on my left side I end up face to face with OH and I just don't like it I can't sleep with the feel of him puffing in my face, especially in the morning IYKWIM.

Urgh know exactly what you mean! I have to admit I struggle to get comfy on my right hand side

I have this prob too - so i make scott roll over so im facing his back. There have been a few mornings ive woken up to find him in the spare bed. lol - obviously he couldnt get comfy but i wouldnt let him move. ooops.

xxx

I know exactly what you mean! Lol. X

I naturally sleep on my left side anyway but I do miss laying on my back :(

I sleep on my left side as well it's the side I always go to sleep on with out fail so I don't have that trouble I just miss laying on my tummy lol xx

I alternate sides during the night. It's rare I wake up in the same position I went to sleep in. Does help a bit to prop my belly up a bit makes me less restless.

My siatica is much worse if I lie on my left (my little chubby monster must fall onto the nerve) so I try to sleep on my left but normally end up on my right!!!
xxxx

I just sleep wherever and whichever feels comfiest! I try to sleep on the left but the lil one seems to congregate there and boots me which scares me into thinking im squashing him/her! x

can you believe if i fall asleep on my right my OH wakes me up and tells me to move!!! he takes this advice way to seriously and basically says i shouldn't sleep on my right :roll:

a month or so ago i was really unwell and couldn't sleep at all, i finally dropped off and he woke me up - i still can't believe it now, he got a serious reaction to that at 3am, i think even the neighbours heard!!! :gun: hasnt done it since :nap:

can you believe if i fall asleep on my right my OH wakes me up and tells me to move!!! he takes this advice way to seriously and basically says i shouldn't sleep on my right :roll:

a month or so ago i was really unwell and couldn't sleep at all, i finally dropped off and he woke me up - i still can't believe it now, he got a serious reaction to that at 3am, i think even the neighbours heard!!! :gun: hasnt done it since :nap:

Omg how annoying! Although i do find it kind of sweet that he cares so much, my OH thinks that most of todays advice is nonsense as "women have been having baby's long before any of these guidelines came out blah blah blah"!! Which i suppose is true but we can't just dismiss it all as rubbish cos of all the medical advancements and research they do these days. Men!!! :lol:

Last edited:
It's actually easiest for me to sleep on my left; can't on my back as the baby is crushing me and I wake up, and if I turn to my right (not an easy feat by any means, at my size) I get breathed on, and I hate that!

I'm forced to be good.....

Omg how annoying! Although i do find it kind of sweet that he cares so much, my OH thinks that most of todays advice is nonsense as "women have been having baby's long before any of these guidelines came out blah blah blah"!! Which i suppose is true but we can't just dismiss it all as rubbish cos of all the medical advancements and research they do these days. Men!!! :lol:
Mine is the same :roll: 'Wine is OK, just don't get drunk'; 'have a sip of my beer'; 'a little drink won't poison the baby' STFU!!!!

Before I was pregnant I slept on my tummy, so I'm forced to be good as well! xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back