Sleeping on his front??

KellyHook

Reaction score
Does anyone put or have put their baby to sleep on their front at night?

Charlie is only 5 weeks and seems to settle and sleep so much better on his front, i only let him sleep on his front during the day and while im in the room, he is quite a good at holding his head up while lying down...

Just wondered what you all think, as the HV tells you to lie them on their back.

xx

There's just been a thread on this in ask a mum forum I think. Lilly is a tummy sleeper and has been ever since she broke out of her swaddle.

Xx

same with dylan. he has been on his front since he stopped being swaddled! at first we only did it during the day so we could be constantly watching him. tbh as soon the rules have changed so much! it used to be they had to sleep on their fronts incase they chocked on sick! but dylans been on his back and chocked on sick in his sleep! i definately feel more comfortable with him on his front!

I got a mattress with hole in it too so even if he is face down air still goes through the mattress!

tbh when they learn to roll you really dont have much of a choice!

he sleeps on his front in the day and there has been no problems, it just the leaving him to sleep while im asleep.. like you said the rules have changed so many time, there have been a few times where ive jumped out of bed to him when he has been sick, as it sounds like he is choking!

Tbh hun I think its down to whether u can sleep. The 1st couple of weeks I hardly slept and woke every halfhour to check and then I dunno.I think I just trust him.he's snuggled into me before and suffocated himself in my boobs... :/ and then just flung his head up. I think once they get to a stage of being able to hold their heads up they are capable of dealing with it

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back