Sleeping bags / Dreampods

Debs706

Reaction score
Hi
Does anyone have any recommendations on which baby sleeping bags / dreampods are the best? Are they really worth the money? The M&P's ones look gorgeous but don't want to spend the money if it's something that wouldn't really be used.

Thanks

I got given mine. I think they're Tesco ones. I never really understood why you'd bother but Angel has started wriggling in bed. I found her at the top of her moses basket and she was feeling a bit cold coz she had no covers on. I thought then if she wriggled in a sleeping bag her legs would still be covered, but she can't even wriggle so she sleeps better.

I've used mine every night since he was born - he's quite wriggly and it means he can't kick his covers off and get cold, and it keeps him warm when I take him out of his cot for his night feed/s. I just have a mothercare one, I think it was £28, but you can get them for under £20.

We got Mothercare ones, one 2.5 tog and one 1 tog. Can be used from 7lb 7ozs upwards so our LO went in from birth. He loves them and we use them every night. Easy to wash and keep him warm. We just adjust the layers he wears underneath.

As has been said, cannot be wriggled out of or kicked off. Blankets fly off our LO so the sleeping bags are great.

Depending on when your LO is born just get one to start off with at the correct tog rating for the time of year and see if your LO likes it. Some cannot be used till past a certain weight so check before you buy as might not be useable straight from birth.

I really recommend sleeping bags, DS still uses them and will do until he's in a proper bed.

I was given 2 small ones and didn't think I'd use them but they were an absolute godsend. When he grew out of the smaller ones I got him some bigger ones from ebay & a charity shop - cheap but work great! He's just growing out of his 6-18 month one so I'm on the lookout for some 18-36 month bargains now!

You can quite often find a bargain on ebay, it depends if you're happy to buy second hand or not.

Last edited:
We mainly used the Mamas and Papas ones, I kept looking out for them in the sale. They have offers on all the time on their website, there's another one coming up on Wednesday/Thursday.

I tried others but preferred the mamas and papas ones, if you're thinking of having more children you'll get your moneys worth out of them as they're really good quality and will last you.

They can only be used from 10lbs plus though.

I found them to be a godsend, much safer than using blankets.

Try the NCT nearly new sales or something, pick up a bargain from their sales.

Cant recommend sleeping bags enough. They were a godsend for us as Calleigh is such a wriggler at night and she would either kick off covers or move up the cot until she was completely out of them :roll:

I used to worry so much about her getting cold, but now she has the sleeping bags i feel so much better as she can still wriggle around the cot but still be covered and warm :)

We used one for George from when he was a month old up till about a month ago. As he's got bigger he seems to be less comfortable in the sleep bag and often woke up in a bit of a knot in it!

I bought mine new from Ebay and they were only about £12 -£15 from an Ebay shop.

:hug:

I want to sing the praises of grobags/sleeping bags as well, chester uses them everynight.

Some babies dont like them so I bought some 2nd hand from ebay ( I got a real bargain, 3 proper grobags for £6 8) ) and Chester got on really well with them so I bought a brand new summer weight one from tesco. The tesco ones are just as good and alot cheaper than actual grobags IMO.

The night Izzie went from her moses basket to her cot i was up and down like a yo yo making sure her blankets were still tucked in..and i mean ll night. She kicked and wriggled sooooooooooo much where she had all the extra room, bless her. We went out the next day and bought a sleeping bag from sainsburys, only 12 quid! And i honestly wouldnt use anything el;se. I dont have to worry the covers are off and she's getting cole, or worry that the covers are over her head or anything. All my others ive nought off ebay though. I got a lovely Izziwotnot sleeping bag for 99p! :dance:

I really like Grobags. When Becky was born she absolutely hated them and I pretty much gave up - she hated her legs being restrained.

I decided to try them again a couple of weeks ago and to my surprise she took to them really well - she can still sleep quite happily with her legs in the air! Covers just aren't an option with her as she wriggles and kicks in her sleep - I was getting worried about what I'd do in the winter.

Have managed to get some bargain new Grobags in TK Maxx and Ebay.

i cant comment as we havent had a baby yet but we got 2 in sainburys at the weekend and they were £9 as there was a 25% off sale- it was brilliant coz we got loads of other stuff too, we have nearly all the sleepsuits and outfits we need now!

I've been using Grobag sleeping bags from the start and they're great :cheer: . I've got two, one is 1 tog and the other 2.5. I've just ordered two new ones (one of each tog again) because they're very long to dry after being washed. And Louis just hates blankets! He's kicking and crying until he manages to kick them out and then it's impossible to keep him covered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back