sleep deprivation

My1stBaby

Reaction score
blimey sleep deprivation is not fun!

been very teary because of it, makes me so so miserable!! my mums having Max overnight friday so i can get a good sleep coz hes having a bad week this week. sunday he was a complete angel no tears and slept properly and its just gone from that to completely the opposite.

keeps waking at 4.30am and staying awake til 10am ! but not sleeping til midnight then waking between 12 and 4 for a feed. ugh its tough

i stabbed myself in the hand cause im losing the ability to control my hands properly through sleep deprivation- luckily i didnt have to have stitches it was deep rather than long but bloody hell its tough to do everything with a very painful hand!

i hate it coz it makes me stressed at Max and i just think ahhh why arent you sleeping! then i feel so guilty for even getting annoyed at him cause obviously its not his fault. makes me feel like a bad mum

no need to reply ladies just needed to get it out xxxxx

I know how you feel im really missing my sleep What with madam waking every 1hr and a half to 2 hours for a feed (I do wonder why I chose to BF sometimes!!)! Hope your hand gets better soon. I dont know how i'd cope with just one good hand atm!

Ouch! Sleep deprivation is horrible, no wonder it's used as a form of torture in some places!

I can totally sympathize as Kynon is still like a newborn that way, best advice I can give which everyone tells you is sleep when the baby does and don't expect too much of yourself. It does get easier, I'm convinced I've just got used to less sleep now! Make sure you eat and drink well too, that always helps.

Hope you get more sleep soon and make the most of your night off x

I think it gets easier the longer you go without! Not what you want to hear I'm sure lol!

Hopefully things will improve for you :)

Didn't want to read and run! Hope things get better for you. Xxxxxx

Apologies for any typos!

Yeah i agree, it's really hard. Luckily Jack is a fairly good sleeper, he usually only gets us up once or twice for a feed but sometimes it's hard to get him settled again. I can deal with his crying during the day but during the night it's a lot harder to cope with, especially when hes just been fed, changed and winded and it's not clear whats wrong with him. Good idea to send Max to your mums for a night, will give you the rest you need and hopefully you'll wake up refreshed and feeling better :) xx

:hug: it's very hard going without sleep hun. It's used as a form of torture for a reason!

As quickly as this has started you might find it will just stop. Fx you get some rest chick xxxxxxxx

I feel your pain hun! Its tough, I think my body is now adapting as the others say but I hope you get some rest soon, glad your mum is helping out.x

It is so tough going without sleep - I am finding it so hard! Some days I seem to be in a daze all day. Great that you are able to get a good night sleep soon - make the very most of it! :)

I did a whole year of broken sleep and it really does get to you. I managed, but now I'm worrying about doing it again lol

I used to look at people, every person, and wonder about their sleep and how much sleep they got, it was all I could think about. Classic sleep deprevation sign apparently.

You cope though, you get used to it, and when you get sleep back you appreciate it sooooo much.

xxxx

thanks alot ladies !

im hoping either i adapt or max starts sleeping! either way its gonna feel better than this!

xxxxxxx

Did you look at swaddling blankets hun? The link from samsgirl is on my first thread about it xxxxxxxxx

hun I totally know how you feel. AJ is using it as a form of torture for me I'm sure. He feeds at 12am doesn't go down till 2ish if I'm lucky and then is back up at 4am and won't go down till 6ish at which point I then have to get my son up for school and let the dog out. I am a official zombie. My 14 year old is actually feeling so sorry for me he is cooking a spag bol for dinner. lol. xx

hun I totally know how you feel. AJ is using it as a form of torture for me I'm sure. He feeds at 12am doesn't go down till 2ish if I'm lucky and then is back up at 4am and won't go down till 6ish at which point I then have to get my son up for school and let the dog out. I am a official zombie. My 14 year old is actually feeling so sorry for me he is cooking a spag bol for dinner. lol. xx

haha well even when AJ sleeps better you should pretend he isnt just to get dinner cooked for you!!

i know so many of us are going through the same thing at the moment so i know its normal its just hard!

BB i have looked but cant find it, ill try it again. worried he wont like it though as he loved moving his arms around during the night, did Bertie like moving his arms about aswell? maybe being able to move his arms around wakes him up

xxxx

I used to look at people, every person, and wonder about their sleep and how much sleep they got, it was all I could think about. Classic sleep deprevation sign

xxxx

Oh i thought I was the only one who did this! And i can't bear to hear about 6 week old babies sleeping through, Kynon has done it once after his jabs!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

haha well even when AJ sleeps better you should pretend he isnt just to get dinner cooked for you!!

i know so many of us are going through the same thing at the moment so i know its normal its just hard!

BB i have looked but cant find it, ill try it again. worried he wont like it though as he loved moving his arms around during the night, did Bertie like moving his arms about aswell? maybe being able to move his arms around wakes him up

xxxx

Hope you have had some rest love.

Re: swaddling, my LO appeared to hate it at first and I have to wrestle her a bit into it but she sleeps ever so peacefully in it. It's worth a try?

xxxx

Yes hun Bertie looks like he's at an illegal rave lmao. Big fish, little fish, cardboard box :D

They are developing their spacial awareness, when you know where your limbs are even in the dark. The waving arms distract them big time and of course smacking yourself in the eye every so often is enough to keep anyone awake lol. As soon as I pin him down in the swaddling he drifts off

G keeps waking up every 40 mins. I know how you feel xx

im gonna go look for blankets tomorrow i tried it with a cellular blanket but it just came undone. he did sleep alot better last night though!!

thanks ladies xxxx

Sorry to hear your having such a hard time, hope things improve tonight.

I've poured boiling water over my hands while making bottles, sleep deprived, it wasn't plesant. Its sooo tough, u just wana scream....I cant do this!! But it doesn't matter we just need to I suppose.

And Sarah- they do use it as a torture technique. Plus - Have you ever seen that contraption where your eyelids are pinned open!! I sometimes actually wish I was in that to stay awake

:shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back