• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sitting up?

jennifer1981

Reaction score
How old were your LO's when they started sitting up and how did you help them to do so?

I thought Dylan would have been sitting (or nearly sitting) by now and it would life easier foe me(!) if he could sit.

Thanks x

I started trying Angel at 5 months. She didn't properly do it til 6 months. My nephew on the other hand did it at 8 months.

Maia was early at 5 months, although she was a bit shaky and would loose her balance sometimes but I used to put my breastfeeding pillow around her (but not touching her so it wasn't aiding her sitting) so she wouldn't hurt herself if she toppled over.

Connie could vaguely do it but was very unsteady and wobbly for ages and then basically overnight at about 7.5 months she could sit!!!

She was late though I think, all her friends in our town of the same age could do it earlier :roll:

i started sitting lexi on the floor at around 5 and ahalf months with cushions behind her for support, by the time she was 6 months she was sittin unaided although i kept the cushions there for my own piece of mind... removed them just b4 7 months as she never fell backwards xx

Becky started sitting unaided at around 5 and a half months. She sat beautifully for about 6 weeks then gave it up in favour of wanting to stand :lol:. She was almost 8 months before she started doing it again. We got a v-shaped pillow for her just in case.

not properly till 6 months, now he's doing it well :)

just sit some cushions behind them and do it for 10 mins at a time :hug:

Galen sat up from about 5 months. We used to sit him between our legs and look at books, toys and so on while he had us there as reassurance. As he got stronger we moved further back. By 5 1/2 months he was sitting fine for for extended periods.

Shakily around 5 months, by 6 months she was really good at it! :)

shes was just cumin upto 5 mnths. dont worry tho hun they all do it at their own pace my friends son was 10 mnths, x

About 5 months, maybe a bit before but she wasn't steady at first. Even now we surround her with cushions (not touching her) in case she suprises herself and falls over.

Every baby is different hun, there's no right or wrong :) xx

He has been sitting for about 2 weeks unaided but he can be wobbly at times so alwys has a cushion. Suported by cushions or us from about 5 months.

I found a baby nest which is like an inflatable ring really helped him with sitting. He came on leaps and bounds when we started to use that. We got ours from Argos but you can get them in a few places.

x

Lyla sort of does it now... she'll force herself up grab on to something (usually a top/jumper me or oh is wearing) hoist herself up let go stay steady for a few seconds then flop

about 6 months I think. He tried for a long time before that but kept flopping over! he just had to wait till he was strong enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qwertyuiop33
Back