Sippy cups/drinking with no lid

poppy160

Reaction score
Is it important for babies to know how to use a sippy cup? We've tried nearly every sippy cup going, and Ella started to get the hang of drinking water from the tommee tippee one, for 6 month + babies. She refuses to now! As soon as she sees it coming towards her she gets distressed and pushes it away. So we've tried letting her drink without the lid on and she loves it. Is it okay for her to do this (Obv supervised) or does she need to get the hang of it with the lid on?

If your happy for her to drink without the lid then i dont see a problem with it :D

As its just water it wont matter if she spills it.

dylan was the same till i bought him a nuby cup they are soft spouts but started him on the road.. i never felt he coul get enough just rinking from cup

Sippy cups are only there to transition your baby from a bottle to a cup.. if your LO wants to drink from a cup without a lid...let them... the only danger is the frequent clothes changing and possible damage to soft furnishings... :rotfl: :rotfl:

The advice in the NHS book says a freeflowing lidded cup or a normal cup from 6 months. I would definatley go with a normal cup - the sippy ones are only transitional. When we were teaching charlotte, we used a plastic backed full bib (POundland) with an absorbant terry bib on the top - this saved her clothes if she did spill it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back