Silver Cross Sleepover Deluxe (Vintage)

moss

Reaction score
It's pretty expensive, but I really like the look of this pram. It comes with either the Linear or Classix Chassis. Does anyone have this or have any advice about it? It seems to have what I want in a pram and it looks the way I dress :D

Is it this one moss?
http://www.johnlewis.com/230424628/Prod ... urce=14798

I don't have much information on it, apart from me and OH are intending on buying it after our scan on thursday. We fell in love with it the minute we saw it in the silver cross book.

If you go on silver cross website they will send you out a free brouchure and its in there.

How weird!! I just received the Silver Cross book in the post today, and I have TOTALLY fallen for this pram. It looks so sturdy and long-lasting, and such a lovely design. I have fallen for it so badly, I am pleading with DH to take me late night shopping tonight to have a look at it! I also love the Vintage colour, but I'm worried about it showing the dirt / spillages, etc. The Marina is very smart too.

Previously, we were looking at the 3D, but I've read so many bad reviews that I was put off. But I'd really like a Silver Cross as I've heard their customer service is brill. (Although someone on here is bound to tell us differently!)

Do you know if the carrycot can literally be used every night as a moses basket, or is it only for occasional use? If so, then although it's not cheap by a long shot, it seems really good value for money

xx

That's the one! Isn't it so pretty? I think you can wash a lot of it and I am sure that since some of it is machine washable, it could be spot cleaned in other places. Since it comes with a handmade wooden rocker, I would assume it can be used overnight whenever you want. That's how I interpreted it from the website, anyway. I wanted to get a cot and a small cradle or something, so I can deduct the cost of the cradle from the price. If the baby turns out to be a girl I bet they would like to have it as decoration in their room for dolls or something, too, when they are older. :D Anything to justify buying it! Haha...

i thought since no on ehad mentioned it on here before that it wasn't a very common pram and maybe there was only me that loved it from the minute i saw it.
Looks like you two both feel the same about this pram,
What do you actually buy together then or do all the bits and everything come seperate??? it doesn't explain it very well in the book, and im confused.

I'm a bit confused about how much it is though. (And of course, no prices in the Silver Cross book!) According to that John Lewis link, it's £324 but that's EXCLUDING the chassis, which is sold separately. Yikes!

http://www.newcastleprams.co.uk/babypro ... NTAGE.html

Googled and found this, i think this is including everything.
Well you have to buy the car seat and wooden stand, but i think this is the pram........ the John Lewis one did seem a bit steep when i looked at it....

Never know a pram to be so confusing, and like you said the book has no prices in it.....

I just spoke to a nice man at John Lewis. For £324, you get the carrycot (that converts into the pushchair), the wooden rocking stand, the white covers for the moses basket and the changing bag.

The chassis is £150, and the car seat is £89.

So in total you're looking at about £475 for the pram, plus extra for the car seat, but it means you don't have to buy a crib or moses basket.

Hmm...I am off to be very nice to my husband!!!!!

xx

That price isn't really too bad. You don't HAVE to get the car seat (I will be given one and don't plan to use it more than getting to and from the hospital), and it doubles as a moses basket type thing. Plus, with a lot of the nice prams I have seen, it starts as a pushchair as standard and you have to buy the (often very expensive) carrycot seperately, so the price works out similarly to many of them. It looks really sturdy so I could use it with another child, too, which is better than having to shop for another one in a few years time.

At the end of the day, if it ticks all the boxes you need, then it's a worthwhile investment.

DH has just come home..... and loves it too!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

x

I have this pram in Marina and LOVE it, although it does fill the whole boot of the car... The pram is really cosy and warm. James sleeps in the carrycot in the daytime. I use it instead of a moses basket...

I got mine from 'The Baby' in Manchester. I paid £450 for the carrycot, which later converts into the pushchair, rocking stand, moses dressings, changing bag , car seat, aprons and rain cover. I think it is this package, which is £490 now, but this includes a parasol, which I didn't get... http://www.thebaby.co.uk/ViewProduct.as ... yle&id=791. I think they have a 'price match policy and the staff are really helpful.

I just saw this pram in person! It is really pretty and cozy looking but... Well, I expected it to be big, but actually seeing it really surprised me. It is HUGE! I'm not worried about fitting it in a car because I don't drive, and I have a lift, so I'm not worried about lifting it, but I don't want to be public enemy number one for taking up entire aisles in shops!

Also, they weren't very helpful in the crammed shop and it did have carpet, but it didn't seem easy to steer because it didn't have swivel front wheels. I don't know what to think now! I was convinced I would have this pram and really excited about it, and now I'm disappointed! Lis32 do you ever have a hard time getting around tight corners, etc? Do you live in a city?

There is a choice of 2 chassis; I'm not sure which one you saw today? I've got the linear chassis, so the wheels aren't quite as big as the classic and they do swivel. It is really easy to manoeuvre and has a really small 'turning circle' (like a black cab!!). I don't particularly feel like it is that much bigger than other prams with carrycots ... James is only 16 days old so we haven't been to that many places, but I haven't encountered any problems in the shops/ places we've been to so far. We had a good walk round town the other day for 2 hours and went in lots of different places... I didn't particularly notice anyone giving us evils!

I REALLY like the Freeway with linear chassis in cargo. My dad has, kindly, said he will buy the pram for me. I do want to check it out in a shop first though and measure it properly for my car.

I saw the classic chassis. It is so nice looking, but very big. I feel better knowing the other one has swivel wheels! Yay! I want it again!

Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 22:10 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I couldn't decide between the 3D and the freeway. I was initially drawn to the 3D cause it looks more compact but my o/h preferred the freeway. After a lot of thought we ordered the freeway linear in Apollo which is so nice. We got it from a company off the internet, cant remember the name now but I have looked out the receipt and the phone number is 01942 214864. We ended up getting such a good deal because the apollo is last seasons colour in the freeway although they sell it as this years seasons colour in the 3D system. All in it cost us £250 including the car seat and delivery. I did prefer the green freeway but couldn't justify another £150 for a different colour.

Anyway, to cut a long story short although we are still waiting for little one to arrive (I am 5 days overdue!) its fab! We have practiced putting it up, down, putting the car seat in car and wheeling it round o/h's parents house and its really sturdy, yet modern and folds down easily.

I would def recommend it!

We have this pram in vintage with the classic chassis. Got it for a bargain £300 in the sales. It is very big and quite heavy but is very lovely to look at and looks so cosy inside.

We don't intend to use it as a moses basket as we felt that after a while the clips that attach it to the stand/chassis may snap, though that may have been because we were not doing it properly.

I would definitley recommend the pram. Just got to wait for baby to be born now and see if I can manage to wheel it up and down the Sheffield hills lol.

I'm from sheffield and am going to buy this pram on thursday, just wondering what sales you got it in if you got it local????

Sorry, I got the pram off ebay. There are usually some on ebay for less than in the shops, so have a search.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back