Silly question about waters breaking...

english rose

Reaction score
Now, I know this happens in hospital for some, but I'm planning a homebirth so I wondered whether anyone had any experiences they could share....

Has anyone had (or know of anyone who's had) their waters break in public?

Just how messy is it? Do you end up wandering around like you've wet yourself?

And does anyone get prepared just in case - do you start carrying spare clothes with you? Or wearing a tena lady pad?

Any advice gratefully received!

Thanks

xx

With Paige i was in hospital and sat on the bed and felt like i had wet myself so went to the toilet and it was like someone had opened the floodgates lol. Its different for everyone though some people trickle others gush. I would invest if you havent already in a mattress protector just in case it happens in bed xx

With DD I had to have my waters broken at 9cm. Then lastweek I thought my waters had broken in the toilet after I peed. I rang the assesment unit and I had to go over, turns out they didnt brake it was the baby releasing pressure. Thank god I was on the toilet. The MW said that if they did brake they'd continue to trickle. And if that happens wear a panty liner, not a pad as its too abosorbant. Tbh if mine broke in public, everyone would know they had broken cause Id be screaming that they had haha xxx

Both times mine went in bed with a 'pop' then my labour started. The first was a real comedy gush like you see in films the second was like a running tap that soaked me by time I got to hospital. I got some mattress pads for this time but never got to use them as I went into labour early. Id also planned a home birth but it wasnt meant to be :( Tescos sell them cheap protectors or put a towel under your sheets for last few weeks. Wouldn't stress or worry about waters going while your out I've never heard that happen to anyone on here, could happen I suppose though!

Both of mine went in hosp, but my sil went to get her kids from school which was just a few houses away, and as soon as she opened the door her waters went. She said she felt a pop and it was leaking quiet a bit. She went to her neighbour's to use the phone and she was leaking on the carpet, even tho she had a couple of pads on!!

My hind waters broke at home and that was like thick gloopy water! When she broke my water in hospital was like a tidal wave!! Lol

Mine first went in bed heard a pop and then stood up tried to get to the toilet but it gushed wverywere and I almost slipped lol. Mine contuined to leak when I went to get checked at hospital butthey also gushed 5 more times in the hospital and on the way home! I didn't go out all day while waking for my labour to start because I was scared about them going in public! But if that happens again I won't care this time
I'm gonna be going put anywhere walking to help get my labour started!

My waters went while I was on the loo at home lol But they were still gushing when I got to hospital and had to walk through a packed a&e, I though people would think I was wetting myself, my leggins were soaked and I cried because I was embarrassed... now though I don't know why it was obvious I was pregnant lol

My waters were a thick meconium so when they broke I felt a popping sensation but there wasn't a gush or trickle.. it was a thick green gunge :sick:

MINE DID! hehe. I was at a birthday party. Luckily, I was just leaving and it wasnt a massive gush! I didnt tell anyone and rushed home to hubby! :) twas exciting xx

Mine broke whilst on the labour ward. I was in the corridor on my way to the toilet and they just gushed all over the floor in front of the tea lady! A midwife rushed over and held up a towel so that I could pop a pad in my knickers to catch the rest of it until I reached the loos (it still leaked everywhere though and continued to leak out of me until they got me a wheelchair and whisked me off to the delivery ward!)

mine with dd broke when brushing my teeth, i thought omg im peeing myself then realised it was my waters, they kept going in odd bursts, especially when dh drove over a speed bump too fast lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back