• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Siblings

Karly1824

Reaction score
Not sure if this is in right place but here goes!!

Lewis turned 4 in Jan this year, he is a confident lil boy who loves nursery has lots of friends he is a mummies boy IMO and loves his cuddles, we have a dog and he can get a little jealous if i am cuddling and always pushes his way in lol.

Now to the point we decided to leave telling Lewis till well after our 12 wks scan but before 20wk one in which i am hoping to take him along and find out if he is having a brother or sister, just wondering what your experiences were with telling other children and how you went about explaining it, sounds daft Q but i want to really think about it before i tell him if ya know what i mean.
How did your children react??

Thanks in advance
x

I am lucky in that Riley ( 5 years) has always wanted a sibling and was most upset when we told him we couldn't have any more babies, so he was delighted when we told him Mummy has a baby in her tummy.

However I have had a friend who experienced the jealous older sibling thing. First they told him he was going to have a brother or sister then then went to the library and got a book called "there's a house in mummy's tummy" (or something like that) when baby arrived and he first went to hospital to see her his little baby sister had a present waiting for him, he loved her straight away :rotfl:

Hiya Karly

Mason was also 4 when I told him I was pregnant. My OH (other half) wanted to tell him straight away so we did :oops: It saved any sneaking around and overhearing phone conversations etc, we were worried he'd figure something out on his own.

He was so happy..we explained he would always have someone to play with, and we compared him to his friends who are siblings and he loved going round to their house so much cos he got bored at home on his own.

One thing that upset him though, we started saying he would be a "Big Brother" and he didn't like that! We got to the bottom of it later: he thought he would actually get BIGGER when the baby was born :lol:
He was happier being told he would have a "little brother" and how important a job he would have to help look after the baby and stuff.

Good luck, let us know his reaction, I'm sure he'll be thrilled :D

Hi

I sure it will be fine, by kimisgirl and urchins relpy it wont be so bad.
I think once there at a age where they understand they would be thrilled so they have someone to play with :D
I tell Kiara and she just looks at me and says baby and hugs and kisses my tummy, but i know she odnt know what i mean :lol:

Katrina

My 14 year old was in dis-belief, had to bring her on here and show here my signature :D

My 6 year old boy i told and his face lit up like it was xmas and said 'are we having a little baby?' i said 'yes' and he jumped round the room with joy then shot round his Grandmas down the street to give her the news. :D

Now he hugs and kisses my tummy, tells the baby he loves it, so sweet.

we told my little girl when i was 8 weeks she is also 4yrs and she is really excited! she likes looking at baby stuff with me and my sister has just given birth so she is getting used to sharing her nana as well, so hopefully this will prepare her for sharing her mummy and daddy. there was a good article in this weeks mother and baby magazine with suggetions on how to make sibligs feel involved when baby is here. most of it suggested making them feel important and giving them the role of protector to the baby. hope it goes well when u tell him!! xxxxxx

well ellis is only 7 months old so he just stares at me when i tell him
:rotfl:

xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj