Show, Plug, TMI?

emsmum

Reaction score
Hi all

Was just looking to get some views please. Ok first silly question - is your show the same as your mucus plug?

You see yesterday i had a lot of watery dark brown discharge which i assumed was a show and today i have had this aswell as a fair bit of jelly like dark brown discharge - plug?.

is it normal to be this colour - its kind of like old dried blood :puke:

Sorry if its too much info :oops:

S

xx

My show was like a lump of blackcurrant jelly with bits of rubbery mucus bits too! :puke:

A show is the same as your plug.

Sounds normal to me. I had my show on wed & Maia born on Sunday and I was losing my plug every day and throughout labour. I think they can vary greatly in colour and consistency but mine was like a big dark brown/dark green/with blood bits blob of snot!

Towards the beginning of labour it then started to get watery.

If you dare to look on google images at mucus plug theres some pics.

I had a show which was reddy brown and then my waters broke about 1/2 hr after but I didn't go into labour til about 18hrs after :doh:

My show with my first baby wasdark red/brown, gunk! I had him the next day. Never had a show with the second.

My show looked like bits of blood and discharge mixed together (sorry if tmi!). I lost tiny bits here and there from 37 weeks and then the rest came out after my waters had broken and labour was iminent.

My show was like mucusy jelly with lots of blood mixed in with it

Thanks for all the replies. :D All sounds normal then :puke: . Just have to wait now and hope i dont have much longer.

Sarah
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back